Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking through my local supermarket (a big chain for here with major distribution centers and a large brand product line) and saw a survivalist magazine on the very front of the magazine rack in open view to everyone. What the hell is happening to the world? Next thing I know my liberal sisters will be calling me about how to best make a BOB and which AR15 mags to buy. :D

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Before you know it, Tupperware will be selling "burp fresh" ammo boxes and Avon will introduce lipsticks and nail polish in colors like "Lake City Brass" and "Desert Tan," they will install check out lines marked "Express Lane - 500 Rounds or Less" and we will be told it's OK to express our feelings when a gun jams. Men will be forced to dress in furs and carry clubs to maintain our masculine identities, and the world as we know it will come crashing down around us.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was walking through my local supermarket (a big chain for here with major distribution centers and a large brand product line) and saw a survivalist magazine on the very front of the magazine rack in open view to everyone. What the hell is happening to the world? Next thing I know my liberal sisters will be calling me about how to best make a BOB and which AR15 mags to buy. :D
The question is.... Did you look at it or buy it??? :grin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Before you know it, Tupperware will be selling "burp fresh" ammo boxes and Avon will introduce lipsticks and nail polish in colors like "Lake City Brass" and "Desert Tan," they will install check out lines marked "Express Lane - 500 Rounds or Less" and we will be told it's OK to express our feelings when a gun jams. Men will be forced to dress in furs and carry clubs to maintain our masculine identities, and the world as we know it will come crashing down around us.
I wonder if Tupperware would still be using plastic containers to sell ammo boxes? ahaha! That is a good one.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it has been out for a few months now. I saw it at my local Safeway. I thought it was a "bring back" of the good old American Survival Guide from the 90's, but was disappointed in its content so I passed. My store carries a wide variety of gun magazines, stuff about hobby farming, Mother Earth News and Backwoodsman. I would be interested to know the name of this magazine.

Reactions: Fuzzee and shotlady

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to move to this world. Is there a train or pack mule trail?

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I would move there too. I express my inner feelings better with a club anyway, and Lake City Brass lipstick would look hot on the right prepper chick. ;)

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I would move there too. I express my inner feelings better with a club anyway, and Lake City Brass lipstick would look hot on the right prepper chick. ;)
Yep! the little red haired girl down the way would look good in Lake City Brass... but then she could even look good in OD Green - if the style was cut right...............

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
My local Drug Store sells "New Pioneer" and my local family dollar sells "Home Defense" which is made by the Guns and Ammo publishers - I picked up a copy and the cashier made some smart comment (as the front cover is filled with hand guns and shotguns and this is after all NYC) and I was like "yup"

he then back pedaled and was like " no no that's a good thing that's a good thing"

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My local Drug Store sells "New Pioneer" and my local family dollar sells "Home Defense" which is made by the Guns and Ammo publishers - I picked up a copy and the cashier made some smart comment (as the front cover is filled with hand guns and shotguns and this is after all NYC) and I was like "yup"

he then back pedaled and was like " no no that's a good thing that's a good thing"
I'm sure he was being honest. :roll: It's all good though, there won't be room in the next stage of American history for the weak minded and weak of heart.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
We were in Meijer the other day waiting for my wife to get groceries. There were at least four different survival magazines on the rack, one was called "Off Grid" my daughter 17 really liked it, and her boyfriends mom bought my teen age daughter the 8 dollar magazine for her 18th birthday.

Yes the world is changing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts