Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[HR][/HR]
Well here we are , at the precipice of economic disaster. I think that unless some really hard changes are made , and really soon, we will go over the cliff, just like Spain and many other countries are doing. Even with change in the administration, Rommney and Ryan will be hard pressed to turn us back around with anything short of a miracle I really think that they will try their hardest to turn as around, but also feel that we have gone way to far into the abyss to halt it now.

Keep in mind this as you head to the polls this November. WE didn't cause this problem, the gobermint did. No matter who blames who, it ALL came from the gobermint as we do not make the decisions. All the gobermint waste is created only by the gobermint. They decide how much money to throw away, not us. If we ran our bank and checking accounts like the gobermint has and still does, we would be thrown in jail with no hope of ever getting out. If we committed the fraud and waste that the gobermint has, once again, we would be in jail.

So, what do we really need here ? Well, if we don't go to war or whatever, we need to flush the toilet of all the crap. In other words, we need to completely clean out gobermint once and for all, and install ALL new people. Then they , acting as OUR representatives, could and would change a lot of these garbage laws to serve the people and nothing else. Or they would / should face fraud charges. Also, all laws created , need to apply to everyone, including them. I am sick and tired of elite being exempt from laws, restrictions and conviction of insider trader information. Yes, think about it,, when two large companies want to merge or buy each other out, it has to go before congress for approval before said merger or buyout can be made. Well, that means they know what stock to buy and when so that they can make untold millions from that deal. This type of thing is most often ignored and the real question here is or should be why ?

They seems to also be a lot of congress and "other" anointed ones, exempt from prosecution for tax fraud or non-payment. Again Why ?

Everyone needs to give this a little thought. BEFORE O Great one, did you even know who was a different political party then you. Did anyone even care ? Since this jerk has been put into office, this country is so divided it is not funny. No other president that I can remember, has ever divided this country like this one. Do you like it ? If not, your chance to change it will come in Nov. But also, we need to change the congress, both sides. Put all new people in if at all possible. Get rid of all the "good old boy" types once and for all. If not, we will not only reach the cliff as now, but fall over it. Make sure the one you vote for really has your interest at heart, and not just their power/wealth gains in their minds.

It all needs to stop, turn around and go back to prosperity once again. Sure the oil companies make a profit, but if they aren't allowed to, why would they stay in business ? Think, not react, it matters far more in the long run.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..Well here we are , at the precipice of economic disaster. I think that unless some really hard changes are made , and really soon, we will go over the cliff, just like Spain and many other countries are doing..
I know zilch about economics, so can you talk us through exactly how an ED (economic disaster) event will impact the ordinary citizen?
Will we go down the shops one day and find that everything has suddenly doubled or tripled in price, including basic essentials like foodstuffs?
And will people suddenly find that their employers have had to drastically cut their wages, or that the govt has cut pensions?
Will the govt close all banks to stop us drawing out our money?
Anything else likely to happen in an ED event?
And will we see it coming from a long way off or will it suddenly hit us in the space of a day or just hours?
And to guard against it, should we lay in food stockpiles and draw bundles of money out the bank or what?
Will an ED event last for days or weeks or months or years, or will it go on forever?

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Ever wonder why the dollar was the currency of the world? What made the dollar so special? In a nutshell, agreements were made so that oil was sold for the dollar. In return, the government promised to keep the dollar stable and to protect certain nations (primarily Saudi Arabia) from outside threats. That is why it is called petrodollars, and that is why we have been conspicuously involved in the Middle East, even when it didn't seem to be in our best interest.

Today, you might have noticed the dollar is not stable. Matter of fact, it hasn't been for quite a while. Now, couple that with a concerted effort by Moscow and Beijing to undermine the dollar, and you have a serious storm heading our way. Nations are moving away from the dollar . Some oil producing nations are taking other than dollars for oil.

NAFTA has done exactly like Perot told us it would do. Our national ability to make wealth went overseas, regulations make it very difficult for new companies to take the place of the corporations that left, and wealth has been leaving. We, as a nation, make a lot less than they, the government, spends. Simple math tells you what should happen. But wait! Let's just print more money! That's what has basically been happening, and as a result, the price of your food and fuel goes up. The more fiat notes floated out there, the less valuable each note is. Therefore, it takes more of those notes to buy that loaf of bread.

As the debt increases, the less our notes are, the less our bonds are worth, the less other nations want to invest in the nation. That means nobody is going to want to buy our debt. One of these days there will be an auction and nobody is going to show up. when that happens, I hope you have already traded those federal reserve notes for gold and silver.

How fast can the poo hit the fan? It can be dragged out for a few more years, or you could wake up one morning and find your credit card and ATM card no longer works and a banking holiday has made cash the only way to get anything our of your grocery store.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Denton, your assumption on the dollar is about as real as it gets. Bernanke , and O Great one, decided to print more money last week, and I will bet you even taters that food prices will jump about 15-20% and we don't even want to speculate how much gas will go up. We need to change our dirty underware (congress) and start all over. .........

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lucky Jim. I am not an economic person, but do have a small understanding of money. Don't have any but understand it. When you print frn's (dollar bills) and use if for fair exchange for labor, goods and services, you generally have something hard like gold and silver to back it up with. As long as that holds true , not much of a problem. But , when you simply print frn's with out the gold and silver backing it up, then you get inflation. To make that simple, you give me 1.00 and I give you one dollars food or labor. But with inflation, you now give me 2 or 5 dollars, I will still only give you 1.00 worth of goods , food or labor. This is what our gobermint has been doing for several years now. WE have let them get away with it. Only WE can change it and make it right again, but will not be easy

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
.....This is what our gobermint has been doing for several years now. WE have let them get away with it. Only WE can change it and make it right again, but will not be easy
I got an idea that might work! The people could vote for the Presidential candidate who has the best plan to put it right, regardless of whether he's Dem or Rep!
"A vote is like a rifle, useless in the wrong hands"- Theodore Roosevelt

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Problem is, neither party wants someone who will put it right. Putting it right would take money and power away from those who control things.

What is happening is happening for a reason. That reason is beneficial, just not beneficial to We, The People.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
With the dollar losing 2 cents, that's 2% in one week, math fans won't have a hard time figuring the future out.

Just had a Certificate of Depression mature. 0.25%, gives me $2.42 on $4200 for 3 months. A 40 of Busch Light is $2.52 OTD.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Factories will do more the go into slow gear. That may hold them for a few weeks, but if it doesn't go back up, they lay off everyone and close. It takes a lot of money to keep any kind of a factory going with little or no sales.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts