Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I was informed by my section sgt that all Federal Tuition Assistance was being cut.

It seems the Air Force is following suite as well
Air Force joins Army, Marines in cutting tuition assistance - Air Force - Stripes

Being one of the young Americans who joined the military and saw the free schooling as the biggest bonus, I am pretty upset with this and was just wondering what some of your thoughts on the issue was.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/reinstate-military-tuition-assistance-ta-and-block-armed-service-branches-any-further-suspension-ta/kSyVdySm
There's the petition to reinstate the FTA. Over 100,000 signatures in less than two weeks.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Our govt supposedly had a 2.2% reduction in spending. The idea this would lead to the 100% elimination of anything
is political and it should be noted as such. My wife filled out a form online at Social Security last week for a report on
what she can expect in the future, and the email reply she got was that due to cut backs they don't mail out such
reports anymore.

A 2% across the board reduction in federal employees pay (non military) probably would have balanced this
"draconian" cut and not a single service would need to be reduced. Its high time government employees (my wife
is one) realize the same pain the rest of this nation is suffering.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think it is an outrage. Many recruits join the military just so they can afford to go to college.

What this Country is doing to active duty and honorably discharged veterans is just appalling.

Every Christmas we have a motorcycle rally and ride to give gifts to our veterans in our local Veteran's Administration hospital.

I go inside and visit with the vets. I bring fleece thermal watch caps every year. The stories they tell me really trouble my mind.

But the vets love when people come visit (well, most of them do).

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
If it was in the contract you signed when you enlisted then you can fight it as a breach of contract and win.
Before you do that check with the schools and see if there is State aid for vets too. Look into the grants not the loans for help with tuition.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
The joke on all of us was, even with the cuts the amount they are spending this year increased!!!

The cuts didn't even get all of the planned (base line budgeting) increases.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Whaddya wanna bet they aren't touching T/A for Federal Employees. Not an ideal alternative, but you can check into whether or not you can use your GI Bill if you have an opportunity to attend class while still on active duty.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
make it hurt. he said.
The small reductions that are required could be cut with simple budgeting.
The IRS spent 60K making a silly useless Star track video, things like that
200 million to a battery project that has not made one battery yet and likely never will.
500,000 dollars in fraud in one store with debit cards for families in need.
Now don't go saying I want to not feed people that need it.
That went to discounted cash pay outs,smokes and other not allowed uses. AKA drugs.
Sex change operation for people on prison ect.
We could fix this with out much effort. But the President said make it hurt.

Reactions: AsteroidX

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
make it hurt. he said.
The small reductions that are required could be cut with simple budgeting.
The IRS spent 60K making a silly useless Star track video, things like that
200 million to a battery project that has not made one battery yet and likely never will.
500,000 dollars in fraud in one store with debit cards for families in need.
Now don't go saying I want to not feed people that need it.
That went to discounted cash pay outs,smokes and other not allowed uses. AKA drugs.
Sex change operation for people on prison ect.
We could fix this with out much effort. But the President said make it hurt.
Do not forget the $1,000,000+ that Biden spent on hotel rooms for 2 nights in London and Paris last weekend.

As an aside, I hope he left his wife Jill at home. It would not do much good for our NATO allies if she was out on the balcony shootin' the place up with her 12 gauge!

·
Super Moderator
9,218 Posts
According to a news account, the mint struck millions of the new presidential $1 coins, but nobody wants them. Now they spend millions to store them securely because the are after all "money".

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Do not forget the $1,000,000+ that Biden spent on hotel rooms for 2 nights in London and Paris last weekend.

As an aside, I hope he left his wife Jill at home. It would not do much good for our NATO allies if she was out on the balcony shootin' the place up with her 12 gauge!
Yea , I did not want to thinking about what it cost for Obama to play Golf with Tiger, and the list goes on.
With all Tigers cash he should have paid for the trip.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
It seems bizarre that The Colorado Army National Guard is no longer able to afford ammo to train with, yet The DHS is stockpiling ammo for themselves? :| Strange days, I tell ya...
The DHS hasn't taken delivery of ammo but put in requests for ammo over the next five years. I wouldn't put it past this administration to clog the system with ammo orders to slow the ammo to the public.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
God, I hope 3 years and 9 months goes fast.
Not likely... Since he seems to be patterning himself pretty much exactly after FDR, I expect by this time next year, we will be into another significant recession. (Like we ever left the last one?)

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Not likely... Since he seems to be patterning himself pretty much exactly after FDR, I expect by this time next year, we will be into another significant recession. (Like we ever left the last one?)
Recovery my ass, if it wasn't for the trillions of overspending and zero interest rates we would be in a depression

Alternate Unemployment Charts

Unemployment is about 24%

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
God, I hope 3 years and 9 months goes fast.
By the time His Highness, Barack HUSSIEN Obama is through with the current term, look for Machiavellian shenannigans to get him another term. And another term.
The 2012 presidential election was America's last chance. The Great Experiment is over. And the POS that is POTUS is running this country right into the ground. Which is the goal of his puppet-masters.
Oh, and for what this country is spending to constantly fly Obama and his minions around the country, a lot of good programs could be financed. Has he spent 7 days in a row in Washington since being elected the first time?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
These are strange times that we are living in and that is putting it lightly. I have been thru several tough times with the government and the budget. The first was with Carter and I remember as a young child, people fighting each other at the gas pumps over the last of the gas. I remember our 1974 LTD Country Squire station wagon with the wood siding being pushed to the pump by several men vying for my moms attention because she ran out of gas before getting to the station. I was young scared teenager entering the service and I remember the changes that happened after Clinton took over. I remember not getting paid for over a month of Clinton and no budget. Here once again with a Democratic president we are again in economic trouble. The taxes on my medical insurance has increased over 40% but every American has a right to health insurance. I have never seem times like these and I can't say what is going to happen and I can't deny that the next election have not happen and a power grab will happen with Obama and his minions.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts