Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start a list of things most often forgotten.

Chap stick
Oral Jel - toothache
Q-tips
Tums
Bandages
Cling or gauze in rolls
Wooden Kitchen Matches
Eye Wash
Triple antibiotic (Neosporin)

Now add your sugestions

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The way we use super glue , is to close the gash, clean it while it is held together, and then squirt super glue on it. Bigger then that , your gonna need a butterfly bandaid, and bigger then that, and it will need sutures...

·
Registered
158 Posts
A big one that is often forgot are Allergy tablets. Just in case of a bee sting or something you come acrossed in the wild you want to be sure if you are allergic to it you have a way to treat it.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Super glue, helps to seal cuts
Dental floss, use for trip wire,snares etc.
Maxie pads , in case of a very large heavy bleeding cut,,sorry.,.lol :shock:
The "Maxie" pads will bleed you out, because they are designed to absorb. You'd be better off with a hanky and pressure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
One thing I've heard of is bringing two compasses. Mykel Hawke, ret. army ranger captain said he brings two compasses because in times of high stress, you often question if your compass is accurate or not. Having two compasses would bring you "piece of mind" knowing your on the right direction.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Super glue is awesome...saved me at least a $1500 emergency room bill to sew a small slice in my forehead...cant even see the scar...works great!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had this same question last year. Push the cut together to close the wound. Put superglue on the outside. Will come off by itself in a few days.
FYI...there are two types of superglues..the other they sell is less aggressive (on your skin) form of superglue for medical personnel but it costs over $30
Its definitely a must have!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm squeamish about stitches and superglue, so bandaids might be a reasonable alternative, I like this sort that you buy in long lengths, then you can cut off strips to suit the size of the gash, and because the gauze pad fills the full width of the strip there's no danger of sticky bits touching the wound..:)
(PS- and I wouldn't just stick the bandaid over the open gash, i'd stick it over while squeezing the gash together)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts