Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I own a shop in Oregon , I am looking to build my own mobile tiny house. I am looking for ideas for my home and also for potential ideas to be able to produce a good mobile tiny house to sell to other peppers.

Any ideas or suggestions/ideas that you would want would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
+1 For Youtube.. There are tons of interesting types of tiny houses and stuff out there. You just need to figure out what you want. My fiancé and I left Florida to come here to Montana to do ours. It might not be "tiny" but it is about 800sf. Which is tiny when you are used to living in a 2000+sf place on the beach...

It is all a matter of what ya want though. Start wit Youtube and you will spend DAYS on the doing research!!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
If I'm in the market for an off the grid BOL or a tiny house for weekend getaways, I one thing I'm most concerned about is security. If i'm not there living and away for weeks at a time or in the event of WTSHTF and I want to remain undisturbed, I want it to be invisible. I would want it to be camouflaged using the natural surroundings or make it look like something unremarkable.

Example: Window Building Plant Wood Tree

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Just be aware that not all of the "mobile" tiny homes you see would actually be legal on the road. Some people build their homes on trailers to bypass the building codes on permanent houses or to avoid getting expensive permits and time consuming inspections.

The point here is that you might want to check with your DMV on specifics before committing to a particular design.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have, there are size limitations for it to be legal. The designs that we are working on focus on creatively using space, since space is limited.

I have thought of the camouflaged idea, Meangreen, I want to try creating shallow planters near the bottom, with vines growing over the wood siding, allowing a natural camouflage.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The problem with most vines is that they rarel grow OVER the siding - they usually grow under it and remove it with time. They can even find their way around the window frame and grow into your room.... no vines near the house.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Depending on the clay content of the soil around you I'd opt for a compressed earth machine. You can then turn dirt into bricks and build all the walls you want. No need to go micro then - the machines are around $750 I believe but if you are a true DIY you can find one at open source and build your own. Please note - not all dirt is the same and ready for a compressed earth machine to turn into bricks. We added tiny amounts of concrete mix to our soil and the bricks are AWESOME. Once I altered it to put out 6 inch wide, 6 inch high, and 12 inch long it was like playing with legos. I just couldn't wait for them to dry fast enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.