Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you that have offroad trailers, Could I ask a couple of questions; how do they handle on the freeways, and do you find them to perform well when on offroad trails?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Sorry, Im not an expert and don't know what an offroad trailer is. What makes it different from an ordinary trailer?
Do you tow it behind a vehicle? I should imagine any towed trailer risks getting overturned on a dirt track if you hit a bump or pothole?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Sorry, Im not an expert and don't know what an offroad trailer is. What makes it different from an ordinary trailer?
Do you tow it behind a vehicle? I should imagine any towed trailer risks getting overturned on a dirt track if you hit a bump or pothole?
I think most off road trailers are homemade, usually shorter and not as wide as a regular trailer and has ground clearance (larger wheels) that equals your vehicle.
Off Road Trailer Build
I am glad someone brought off road trailers up, I may make this my next project.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My trailer uses a drop axil upside down. 5on5.50 wheels 35x16by12 ranger or s-10 bed, spear under bed with old R.V.water tank and battery on tung water pump aluminum skid plate bumper with guards for tail lighted dry box for dry goods on tung, guards down sides and off tung for hard back up jack knifes
2" or pintle hitch
I used a small 83 Comanche bed n a pintle hich

·
Registered
71 Posts
A friend of mine owns so cal teardrops.. I have faith that they will easily survive any meltdown....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.