Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Actually this is based on the Brady Bill passed long before Obama took office. Now it states clearly in the law that one must be adjudicated mentally incompetent to be deigned a gun even under the Brady bill. Now this letter as near as I can see on the sight is from the Oregon VA not the federal. So until I see it proved with more data or actually see a letter or letters from another VA I have doubts it is factual. You know kind of like the "Friends of Hamas" that was raise recently. Flat out rumor or lies to say the least.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Mental competency rarely self determined. I mean people do commit themselves but its pretty rare. So mental competency must be determined by another party, and in most cases we're talking a bureacrat or an over educated psycobablite. (yeah I made that up cause my dear wife is one of them :) And she currently counself returning veterans at the VA, she literally just wants to stay unitl our Afghanistan group is home. Then its retirement. She already knows that veterans are refusing to talk with her out of fear - fear of her placing them on a list. Its impacting their ability to get help - nice job obummer. Did you think about that DiFi - I would bet not. She has encountered one case where a person needs to be barred from owning a firearm, and she has seen hundreds - so one out of hundreds - not a lot.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Part of a plan? Maybe. My wife has a lot of training in working with people and PTSD. She's also been a licensed counselor for 20 + years. I would say with more than 600,000 people having "visited" the countries of Iraq and Afghanistan in the last decade the need for people to help them is real. How many I don't know. My wife lost her dad a few years ago, I lost mine about 4 years ago, and both were WWII veterans. She caught a lot of flak from them - "we didn't have no G.D. social workers - when we came home." She got earfuls from them and she thinks the bigger problem is granting disability too - to many. Clearly some are disabled, but she says too many are trying to milk it because PTSD is something you can get disability for - however a few are waking up to what that might cost them (especially the one's gaming the system). I volunteer at her office some, you can smell the scammers / those gaming the system. The shifty eyed little leaches are no good. Then you have those who truly need our countries help and earned it - the hard way. That group you can see easily too - and its not always just physical.

One of my sons is a Navy vet working as an RN in The Syracuse Vet hospital. He said they put on another staff shrink. I wonder if it's part of "the plan"

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
This is not new he tried it before but held off until the election.
Remember DHS and what they said.
Wake up America

·
Registered
887 Posts
Its about like that. Ive noticed my city is acting more and more militarized. In a citizen kind of way. And with our CWP noones gonna know when we decide to go off the grid.

·
Registered
24,258 Posts
Actually this is based on the Brady Bill passed long before Obama took office. Now it states clearly in the law that one must be adjudicated mentally incompetent to be deigned a gun even under the Brady bill. Now this letter as near as I can see on the sight is from the Oregon VA not the federal. So until I see it proved with more data or actually see a letter or letters from another VA I have doubts it is factual. You know kind of like the "Friends of Hamas" that was raise recently. Flat out rumor or lies to say the least.
I noticed that, Joe, but I am also noticing a tendancy to get balls rolling in tyranny-friendly states.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
If you are injured in theater part of your recovery and treatment is a required meeting with a counselor. It may be 1 or two visits it maybe many they decide.
You may see this as harmless meet with the nice lady a few times get fixed and go about your life.
Surprise you saw a mental heath person you are now tagged.
The one I saw was a well educated person in some ways but she did not think anyone that would serve in the military was "all there".
So it did not madder how your meeting went you were considered in her mind to be off balance.
These types of meeting are what are now being used against some soldiers.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I noticed that, Joe, but I am also noticing a tendancy to get balls rolling in tyranny-friendly states.
That makes my case that state governments shouldn't be able to pass any law that isn't in line with the US Constitution which they are not supposed to. However they do it all the time and most of the laws/ordinances they pass are flat unconstitutional. States rights to me is a flat bad subject and I also hate BS in general. States in general have been the biggest threat to personal freedoms period.

·
Registered
887 Posts
That makes my case that state governments shouldn't be able to pass any law that isn't in line with the US Constitution which they are not supposed to. However they do it all the time and most of the laws/ordinances they pass are flat unconstitutional. States rights to me is a flat bad subject and I also hate BS in general. States in general have been the biggest threat to personal freedoms period.
Thats what the first Civil War was fought over by the way. In a less then round about way. But now weve swung the other way into a Federal Govmnt that wants to monitor and control every aspect of our lives. States are being ripped apart in support or deference to this Federal position.

Which does not say your post is not very accurate. But with todays Federal policies who is left to lean on besides the State. Beyond that is.....Bow to the Fuhrer or Pick up your guns again. The State is the only thing standing between us and complete violation currently and thats only dependent on what State you live in.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm a psych major but I have yet to see the new DSM 5. i have only dealt with the DSM IV. i also know that we all have have issues in our past that may warrent Fruedian Psychotherapy, Operant learning techniques to deal with maladjusted behavior, and other means of therapy. I also need to get my back looked at from years of work, new glasses, and a motorcycle in my yard. I'll keep my firearms, thank you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That makes so mad I'll post again. they don't want us to have firearms probably the average Veteran is just better at using them, making them a potential threat. good point, oswegoscott

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
We hear about so many soldiers committing suicide. What you do not hear is it most often has nothing to do with combat.
It has to do with how they have been treated , They come home family problems wife takes kids soldier gets messed over. Part of the scam every soldiers wife knows to scream abuse ,true or not soldier losses every time . They get messed around by a phony new VA even denied healthcare they have coming , And what do they see little ribbons We support the troops .
Every time they see one their blood boils, they don't want the phony ribbon they want to be treated with respect they want what they have coming.
This is a subject I could go on for hours on but I will spare you.
The VA sold out to the Obama administration in his first term to protect their tails.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That makes so mad I'll post again. they don't want us to have firearms probably the average Veteran is just better at using them, making them a potential threat. good point, oswegoscott
Now I find that opinion interesting really. My father was a sniper with the 4th Marine division in WWII and never owned a gun. A couple of other guys I have know for years that served in Nam don't either. As my father told me once he didn't need a gun to protect himself (6'4" tall about 250 lbs of solid muscle he was probably right about that), and he had hunted men so animals was too easy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts