Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's an upcoming Oathkeepers meeting in a nearby city. I'm contemplating going but am wondering if it would be worth the 5 hours + $100 between gas and babysitting. As a civilian, what could I expect from attending a meeting? I know I could go sign up on their website and join their forum, but I imagine some of you know and I'm comfy here.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
You would probably get to be on some terrorist watch list, which is kinda cool.

For someone in your situation, it might be worth going to network, if nothing else. If you want to be slick about it, throw up a Craigslist or small classified in your local paper asking if anyone wants to carpool with you to save costs. That way, you might meet someone real local who has their head in the right place, yanno?

Reactions: indie

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not a bad idea! Well, except for the 99% creepos who would respond. I really gotta get my CC license so I don't feel guilty packing.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Use a gender non-specific name. Besides, all of the creepos going to an Oath Keeper's meeting are feds.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pat! I'm gonna go as Pat!!! (Ever watch SNL?) I haven't in years, but can't forget about Pat!

Besides, all of the creepos going to an Oath Keeper's meeting are feds.
That in itself would be really creepy, except, well, it's the Oathkeepers! If you can't be safe in a room full of Oathkeeper feds, where can you be safe?!

...you don't have to answer that. :D

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
To me it would be like going to a meeting with a bunch of politicians, who would / could you believe to tell you the truth. Like asking a priest that molests little boys if he thinks doing that is wrong or asking someone that studies the bible if it says being gay is OK according to the bible. If you take an oath, why do you have to re afirm<sp? it? You will be the "ODD man" out there, IMO. Sorry but you can't serve two masters, either you believe in something or you don't. Some things are black or white, at least to me. And like anything else, words mean little, but actions will tell the truth but not until it's crunch time will we know1

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that the Oath Keepers are all creepos, just the opposite, in fact. What I was saying is that the few creepos there will be the feds trying to infiltrate the organization.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
All I'm saying is that if the Oath Keepers are swearing to uphold the Constitution then they should either be walking off the job right now or be up in arms over the things the government has already done. If they are waiting til the fighting in the streets starts or until the government says go house to house and collect guns it will be to late. The government has already usurped the constitution with laws and regulations that have been passed, our military being used as police forces in foreign conflicts and training of military and police forces in the control of American citizens and getting state and local government ready for marshall law, using military weapons (drones) to kill American citizens and non combatants, passed legislation to detain indefenitly<sp? American citizens, mandate Americans buy something they may or may want / need or pay a tax, pass gun laws / regulations that infringe on the 2nd amendment. But I guess I'm just paranoid, got my tin foil hat on to tight. It's not like we are in debt we can never repay or giving tax payer money to help enemies we are fighting in foreign countries. Our borders have never been so secure and the economy is going great guns. I'm sorry when is the parade suppose to begin! I can't wave the American flag in some places but I'm suppose to honor a ****ing mexican flag in this country because an illegal alien might get offended. We can stop payment for those that paid for years into a mandatory program, fought for the country but won't get their benefits but some lazy asshole with more kids and daddys than they can name gets free money. I can buy legal medication from a foreign country and have it shipped here to my door cheaper than I can buy it at Wal Mart. Ok, I'll stop now, maybe some one will get the picture.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I stayed at the Spartan Motel in Rochester Monday night, I shopped at a Spartan Store Tuesday.I like the MSU Spartans. Guess what?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts