Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As one of his final acts in office Mayor Bloomberg of NY City, and the city council bans the use of E cigarettes indoors. E cigarettes emit a harmless water vapor. So why did they ban it? Because someone might think that they are real cigarettes and cause confusion and possible confrontations.

I am not promoting the use of E cigarettes, but I AM condemning banning the use of a product that doesn't hurt anyone else. The possible damage it does to the user is debatable. IMO this is just another case of the Nanny state where politicians have decided that THEY know better how people should run their lives then the people do themselves. I don't think that it is too big of a jump to think that someone who pass a law like this would also decide that for your own good, you should not be able to own a firearm.

As a matter of fact, Bloomberg has spent millions going into other States trying to get anti-gun laws passed, most notably Colorado. I for one am an adult. Hard as it might be for some politicians to believe, I can live my own life without someone telling me how to live it.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
One of my students found out about the ban on using an E-Cig in the hallway at school today. Then I followed that up with the ban on Marijuana she didn't know about either...

Cartoon Organism Gesture Sharing Happy sweetheart.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I think China has the right idea, encourage folks to smoke, sell cigarettes, save alot on supporting old people.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
GAH

Am speechless!!

I can't believe a Democrat would move to suppress individual rights!!!

OMG

Reactions: Old Man

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
GAH

Am speechless!!

I can't believe a Democrat would move to suppress individual rights!!!

OMG
'cept - Bloomberg is a Republican. At least he was for his first stint as mayor. He ran for NYC mayor this time as an Independent.

The problem isn't D's or R's, it is progressives, and Nanny Bloomberg has always been a proud progressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.