Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least one US District Judge seems to think so, US district Judge Robert Leon has upheld the decision that it is likely phone data collection by the NSA violates a persons right to privacy. It is expected the government will appeal this decision.

Breaking news from Reuters, with a more to come promise. I couldn't link it (thanks to windows 8.1 app features that baffle me) or I would have.

It seems that there may be a light at the end of the (electronically prying into personal lives) tunnel that is not an oncoming train. Because they can doesn't mean they should don't you agree?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
If the NSA are told to stop, who is going to check on them to see if they do? Remember Crapper telling Congress that the NSA DOESN'T spy in U.S. Citizens inside the U.S.A. at all? Later it came out that he was LYING. Anything happen to him for lying to Congress? NOTHING. So why would we really think that if a court ordered them to stop that they really would?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
They knew this al along it did not stop them. It will not stop them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The*Fourth Amendment*(Amendment IV) to the*United States Constitution*is the part of the*Bill of Rights that prohibits unreasonable*searches and seizures and requires any*warrant*to be judicially sanctioned and supported by*probable cause. It was adopted in response to the abuse of the*writ of assistance, a type of general*search warrant*issued by the*British government*and a major source of tension in*pre-Revolutionary America. The Fourth Amendment was introduced in Congress in 1789 by*James Madison, along with the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, in response to*Anti-Federalist*objections to the new Constitution. Congress*submitted*the amendment to the states on September 28, 1789. By December 15, 1791, the necessary three-quarters of the states had*ratified*it. On March 1, 1792, Secretary of State*Thomas Jefferson*announced the adoption of the amendment.
Wikipedia.com/fourth_amendment

You claim to be a patriot yet you have no knowledge of government, history, or the United States... you must be Obama himself... unqualified, and self righteous.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
The*Fourth Amendment*(Amendment IV) to the*United States Constitution*is the part of the*Bill of Rights that prohibits unreasonable*searches and seizures and requires any*warrant*to be judicially sanctioned and supported by*probable cause. It was adopted in response to the abuse of the*writ of assistance, a type of general*search warrant*issued by the*British government*and a major source of tension in*pre-Revolutionary America. The Fourth Amendment was introduced in Congress in 1789 by*James Madison, along with the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, in response to*Anti-Federalist*objections to the new Constitution. Congress*submitted*the amendment to the states on September 28, 1789. By December 15, 1791, the necessary three-quarters of the states had*ratified*it. On March 1, 1792, Secretary of State*Thomas Jefferson*announced the adoption of the amendment.
Wikipedia.com/fourth_amendment

You claim to be a patriot yet you have no knowledge of government, history, or the United States... you must be Obama himself... unqualified, and self righteous.
Honey don't feed the trolls.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Don't hear anyone complaining about thwarted terrorist plots...

The govt doesn't care about your bug out land, doesn't care about your raid catchment system, doesn't care about your stockpiled food, doesn't care about your bugout vehicle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't hooorah to soon. It may turn out that what they're doing is 100% unconstitutional. (in my opinion it is) The best kept secret the government has is ----itself. They're not going to stop just because of a "paultry easy to get around measly" constitution. Powerful people love more power. There are powerful organizations and floks that are making a heap of dough from this phoney terrorist war on the public. If wall street can run amok so can others.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Don't hooorah to soon. It may turn out that what they're doing is 100% unconstitutional. (in my opinion it is) The best kept secret the government has is ----itself. They're not going to stop just because of a "paultry easy to get around measly" constitution. Powerful people love more power. There are powerful organizations and floks that are making a heap of dough from this phoney terrorist war on the public. If wall street can run amok so can others.
Yes if you hold the power, who is going to challenge you or prosecute you? We the people and I don't see this Obama society doing anything about it. I know I want it to stop but I feel is, "What can I do about it that would make a difference?" If voting made a difference, the powers that be wouldn't let us do it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ummm, my post is a shadow of this one. Dad burnit, another proof that I'm not the only one with intelligence on this palnet. You must be from the "Old Farts Battalion" too. Age has experience don't it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ummm, my post is a shadow of this one #4. Dad burnit, another proof that I'm not the only one with intelligence on this palnet. You must be from the "Old Farts Battalion" too. Age has experience don't it?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Ummm, my post is a shadow of this one #4. Dad burnit, another proof that I'm not the only one with intelligence on this palnet. You must be from the "Old Farts Battalion" too. Age has experience don't it?
I'm definitely getting their brother. I think time working for the government is like dog years, 1 is equal to 7.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We no longer have the constitution. In the 1st Amendment we have freedom of speech but yet H.R. 347, the "Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011," expanded the Secret Service's authority to regulate protests in and around areas where persons under Secret Service protection are located. It could be abused to obstruct with legalized protest. Guess what you may receive if they if they enforce their powers a FELONY.

Let us understand what the states have done to violate the individual rights to bear arms our 2nd Amendment. Just look at what New York and California have done to responsible gun owners. The second amendment is a touchy subject, since many gun advocates only want to use the last part of the second amendment that best supports their stance. Although the second amendment goes much deep then "shall not infringe". Regardless a person has the God given right to bear arms, which exceeds the United States Constitution.

The 4th Amendment has been under attack just read the NDAA ACT. Once this bill was passed our constitution rights were no longer. The Patriot act was bad but it does not compare with the NDAA act. This also goes against our 6th and 7th Amendment as well with our 4th Amendment. We also have Federal Judges that allow police to hide hidden cameras to video tape individuals on their own private property.

So the real question is why did we allow our elected representatives to take our freedoms away and why are we so concerned with just one agency, when there is a bigger problem we are faced with. Unless we act together the little freedoms we still have may be taken away. We need to look at what is more important our freedom or our national security. That answer will tell you if NSA is doing the right thing or not.
Keep in mind--that people become politicians because they don't like someone and want the power to do something about those they don't like. It gets right down to--who can be who, and how much power can be acquired. Also, politics is a profession of deception. Most of them don't get elected to serve the public, they're there to "be "somebody". It's a popularity binge in continuous progress to more stupidity. The less rights people have the more they have.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Keep in mind--that people become politicians because they don't like someone and want the power to do something about those they don't like. It gets right down to--who can be who, and how much power can be acquired. Also, politics is a profession of deception. Most of them don't get elected to serve the public, they're there to "be "somebody". It's a popularity binge in continuous progress to more stupidity. The less rights people have the more they have.
It seems that with the liberal politicians that they are separating themselves from the masses and with many liberals, "the rules are for other people" attitude and that we the people must change our ways for the good of the people but they will continue as the ruling class.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts