Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
15,031 Posts
i'm an annual member of NRA.
If GOA is so good, why are the leftist democrats not even trying to bring it down, like they do the NRA?

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NRA is larger and easier pickings, that is why. Filled with corruption on re-enrichment and not a 2nd amendment first org like GOA. Really simple.
GOA and GOKRA together have slayed all gun control in MN while getting the legalization of silencers passed the past 10 years. Close getting Constitutional Carry as well. NRA has had zero presence in MN and never do.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
i'm an annual member of NRA.
If GOA is so good, why are the leftist democrats not even trying to bring it down, like they do the NRA?
They've been brainwashed into thinking the NRA is the enemy. Their only enemy. No one has told them to go after GOA.

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plus every email that "I used to get from the NRA" sought money, every time. Vast majority from GOA and GOKA is alerting to causes and calling to action.

·
Administrator
15,031 Posts
The NRA got us ground breaking gun laws in Florida.
The first state for must issue on concealed licenses.
The first state with "no duty to retreat" laws.
The first state to say castle doctrine extended to wherever it was legal for you to be.
The first state to say employers could not keep you from having a gun in your locked vehicle at work, could not ask if you had a gun, could not search your vehicle, nor even ask to search your vehicle.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,543 Posts
I am a Benefactor member of the NRA: they have been under siege for so long, that I don’t know how they find their way through sometimes. The hate and fury hurled against them, was a defining thing for me. Because the ones that hated them; hated me as well, and with the same ferocity. So, I am pretty solid in my support for them.

They changed the country, and the laws of self defense, in the country. They led the charge in Florida, and then Florida influenced the whole nation. And in Florida, it was an uprising by the old people who were not about to sit idly by and let hard corps criminals like gangs, rule them. That is an ongoing revolt against tyranny .

So, I still support the NRA.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,509 Posts
I now support the NRA for one reason.
They are the target that takes the blows while others like GOA and FPC fight the court battles under the radar of the enemy.
If the NRA falls, the rest will be easy pickin's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I happen to be a Life Member. I joined back in my late teens. Hard to believe how much water has passed under the bridge of time. When i can, i give to the legal branch, the NRA-ILA. Money doesn’t come as easy as before I retired. I’m not easily swayed by rumor or innuendo of NRA management. They do a lot of good work promoting gun safety and other efforts.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,509 Posts
Who fought court battles in every state to get concealed carry laws passed--- wasn't GOA
I guess we're just going to skip over the fact that it was the NRA that introduced the idea that licensing should be needed in the first place?

Which organization's president said the following while testifying before congress:
"I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under license."
I'll give you hint... it wasn't GOA.

The point is, the NRA has a long history of supporting various gun control measures. For those who give money to them (myself included), this can cause a form of "battered wife syndrome" where we don't like it, but refuse to leave, and even make excuses for their behavior.
Has their behavior changed over the years? Yeah, some. But I've not seen enough to convince me they are now the bulwark of gun rights advocacy in our nation. They have seen fit to "compromise" every step of the way, while never getting anything in return during said "compromise". Instead they constantly send out funding requests and attempt to convince their members that they are fighting diligently on their behalf... while conveniently ignoring the glaring fact that they should have fought against the law when it was being written instead of fighting the law in court after its passage.

Like I said... I support them now only to keep attention off of the other organizations that tout themselves as "no compromise".

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
I stopped being a member during the Reagan years.
During a meeting with the ATF regulators,
the NRA told them the were not interested in protecting machine guns.
ATF never had planned on bringing them up, NRA offered them up as a sacrifice, ATF took it.

·
Administrator
15,031 Posts
I stopped being a member during the Reagan years.
During a meeting with the ATF regulators,
the NRA told them the were not interested in protecting machine guns.
ATF never had planned on bringing them up, NRA offered them up as a sacrifice, ATF took it.
And Ronald Reagan signed it.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
I just checked, and my registration has been "misplaced" for several months, if not years.

I just got off the telephone with a representative, and my name is still in their record banks. I seems that I can be neglected, without a license, and still recognized by The State Of Wisconsin.

Now, their rep was very polite, and supposedly this problem is quite common. As stated, their new form should be in my hands about four months before it lapses, but my card shows that it lapses in October.

I would suggest that all of us with licensed carry options check their card's dates quite often. To my recollection a "new form" has only arrived once.

Now, this representative did call me "Chico" and told me I was "good to go" with the card I have. Gee, I hope the local police officers feel the same way...

·
Administrator
15,031 Posts
Proving yet again, great men are still just men...
That is exactly what Gregory "Pappy" Boyington alluded to when he said: "Show me a hero, and I'll prove he's a bum."

·
Registered
687 Posts
GOA and NAGR is who I give to. I gave up on the NRA when it looked like they spent more money on mailings and "get this free" stuff a few years back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts