Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to be a member of one of these organizations: National Rifle Association or Gun Owners of America. Just wondering which one you support and/or why? I've been hearing many negative comments on the NRA, but the comments are not backed up with any facts.

Which one (or both) do you support? Do you also join any local or state organizations?

·
Registered
227 Posts
NRA spends a lot of money defending the 2nd Amendment, and membership includes a small amount of complementary insurance on stolen guns and hunting accidents.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's the NRA that has been going toe-to-toe with (and beat down) the international gun grabbers at The UN recently. Their repeated requests for donations can become a little irritating, but battling in international circles is costly. They maintain an aggressive stance that can be off-putting to some, but it's the stance that keeps our gun rights intact. I put my money where the strongest voice is.... NRA.

Reactions: survival

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joined today. Annual full membership.

Also, for those who want to try out the NRA membership for free, here is a link: http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus No voting rights or magazines though, and I think its for 6 months. But go ahead and "bite the bullet" and support our 2nd with the full membership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Joined today. Annual full membership.

Thanks partner, my membership lapsed a while back. Reading your post caused me to get motivated and click the link. Annual membership active today. Appreciate your support of our second amendment rights.

To others reading this. The NRA has been accused of a few political ideas some do not agree with. Like "Survival", I've never seen evidence but that's not the point. The point is simple. America is the LAST nation with the firearms freedoms we have. No other place on the planet has as much gun freedom as we do. WE are squarely in the sights of the UN and the left headed by Obama & Hillery Clinton who so desperately want to separate you from any means of resistance a free people have. Japan did not invade us because of so many privately held weapons.

A left leaning government would like nothing better than an unarmed citizenry. The NRA is the strongest and most vocal support for the 2nd Amendment we have. If you're not a member, and you do not like what is happening in America, spend the $25 to join. Help fund the only folks standing up to Obama, Hillery, and Holder in the gun grab their so badley wanting. Let's be honest. Fast and Furious proves their willing to go to great lengths to control America's only means of resistance. Over 300 lives were lost directly due to Fast & Furious including a Boarder Patrol Agent. Think your life matters to them?

The United Nations understands that to destroy America, the people, the very idea of freedom, must be destroyed first. As long as there are millions of armed Americans we are free. Please join right now! Just click the link, get your credit card and give them $25 to fight for your rights.
Because without the 2nd Amendment....the rest do not matter.

http://www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well said, Moby. Your soapbox looks a lot like mine.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Old thread, but I have the same question as the OP.

I'm strongly considering joining one of these two groups (National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America) and would very much appreciate anyone's thoughts on either. Not sure how 'active' I'd be in their efforts but I will be some - and I would want to support the group that held truest to the Constitution/2A. Thanks in advance ~

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Old thread, but I have the same question as the OP.

I'm strongly considering joining one of these two groups (National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America) and would very much appreciate anyone's thoughts on either. Not sure how 'active' I'd be in their efforts but I will be some - and I would want to support the group that held truest to the Constitution/2A. Thanks in advance ~
The GAO is a no-compromise organization. They believe "shall not be infringed" means exactly that.

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
Who are the leftists going after?
The NRA, not the GOA.

That ought to tell you which one they fear. And it's not GOA.

I've been an annual member of NRA for two decades. It is easier for me to pony up one or two years of dues at a time, rather than get a Life membership.

https://home.nra.org/

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Who are the leftists going after?
The NRA, not the GOA.

That ought to tell you which one they fear. And it's not GOA.

I've been an annual member of NRA for two decades. It is easier for me to pony up one or two years of dues at a time, rather than get a Life membership.

https://home.nra.org/
That has a lot to do with the NRA being a lot bigger. I'd like to see the GAO grow to that size.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am not familiar with GOA but I do believe the NRA is fighting for our rights. I don’t always agree with them but the fact that they receive so much hate from the left means they are doing some things right. I just signed up for a three year membership. I had let mine lapse this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
I am not familiar with GOA but I do believe the NRA is fighting for our rights. I don't always agree with them but the fact that they receive so much hate from the left means they are doing some things right. I just signed up for a three year membership. I had let mine lapse this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Look into the GAO.

·
Registered
11,938 Posts
I am a NRA member, and should also join GAO. The battle being fought is now a political one, and unfortunately there are concessions made in this arena. Know this.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
GOA life member. They never compromise or back down.
I'm leaning GOA... Here's their statement re Trump's 'bump stock' position:

February 20, 2018
For immediate release

Gun Owners of America Statement on Pres. Trump Bump Stock Memo Springfield, VA - President Donald Trump released a memo to direct the attorney general to seek comments on a rule purporting to ban bump stocks. The memo, states, in part:
"Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns."
In light of Trump's action, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America (GOA) Erich Pratt issued the following statement:
"If President Donald Trump's goal is to ban bump stocks, then that is a gross infringement of Second Amendment rights. GOA has long warned that such a ban can easily be applied to triggers, magazines, or semi-automatic firearms.
"Furthermore, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has ruled multiple times that bump stocks do not convert semi-automatic firearms into fully-automatic firearms. Converting semi-automatic firearms into fully-automatic firearms is already illegal under federal law.
"Additionally, a ban on bump stocks would ignore the ATF's previous public comment period that garnered over a hundred thousand comments, which were overwhelmingly anti-regulation.
"Banning bump stocks will not stop criminals from getting guns, but it can be used by gun controllers to ban triggers, magazines, and semi-automatic firearms.
"While Trump ran as a pro-gun candidate, this action does not appear to line up with his campaign rhetoric. Instead of further restricting the right to keep and bear arms, Trump should urge Congress to pass H.R. 34, which would repeal gun-free school zones, an issue Trump campaigned on.
"Regardless of Trump's future actions on bump stocks, Gun Owners of America remains committed to fighting any bump stock ban or regulation -- including the use of legal action."

https://gunowners.org/gun-owners-of-america-statement-on-pres-trump-bump-stock-memo.htm

Will look for NRA's position now... but in reviewing everything, so far NRA feels like the Republicans and GOA like the TeaParty.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I elected to be a NRA Life Member in my late teens. Not to be a proselytizer but they do now as they did then offer a payment plan: https://membership.nra.org/Join/Life. $25 every 4 months. ..for anyone interested.

Reactions: MountainGirl
1 - 20 of 23 Posts