Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One woman could show us all a thing or 2, Says something about how tough the ladies can be. Long life, health, and good fortune to this hardest of all of us. ::clapping::
I think she is fantastic !!!

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
She reminds me of my grandmother on my mother's side. She was always busy doing the things that kept her alive and living happily. She used a wood stove her whole life with the exception of a couple of months when grandad bought here a new electric range. She had him send it back because she couldn't cook biscuits in it without burning them. She used a lever clothes washer that grandad converted to run with an electric motor but still used the wringer and hung her clothes on a line to dry. When we visited her there are two things I always looked forward to; That windup mantle clock that would sing us to sleep and her saying, "the hurrier I go the behinder I get." I miss that woman and I miss my mom. At 62 you begin to understand how important they were to who you became.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Iceman 2, great video, God Bless her, a truely pure, inocent soul.
My grandmother who lived to a few months shy of her 101st brthdy, was what I called "survivor stock", fiercely independant, great cook n fisherwoman with the sweetest giggle that just made u smile. Grew up in Canada n moved to N. Dakota as a youth. Worked a farm n life was hard but as she always said "Life may b hard here, but it is fair". Loved that lady Soo much n treasure our long late nite talks when I visited as a child.
But I must say even Dee Dee, my grandmother, would say this woman is so strong n a benchmark to anyone who calls themselves a survivalist.
Great video, thanks for posting...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great video... "Being here cleanses you"... so many gems in that video... sometimes in the hustle and bustle of civilization, Siberia sounds pretty attractive...

·
Registered
324 Posts
What is remarkable is that she can tolerate the isolation, and the cold! She must be in remarkable health.

I think it is important though, to just keep going as she does. Focus on tasks and keep moving. She doesn't seem focused on any of the modern day crap we think we need in our lives, which ends up complicating our lives beyond belief.

What an amazing woman!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts