Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this project on Kickstarter and figured that you guys may be interested.

I mean who cant dig gettin power out of any old used Aly can.

i-pog-instant-power-on-the-go anyway there is the link.

If you are wondering where the base of this tech comes from, its the same as how the flashing emergency lights on ship life-rafts are powered.

Oh I should just mention that apart from being a backer I have ZERO affiliation with these people.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Now this is something that I find most interesting. I will try and keep abreast of it and see where it goes from here. Thank-you for the link

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very interesting concept I will have to watch this one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How odd (insert scratching head here) no idea why, the link works. You could just try a googleing for 'i-Pog Kickstarter', that should find it.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
its a neat idea! iwonder how thin the aluminum chargers are and the space you need to store. does aluminum have a shelf life? can you store it indfinately.
after using it on this can you repurpose the charge sheets? i would hope so

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a neat idea! iwonder how thin the aluminum chargers are and the space you need to store. does aluminum have a shelf life? can you store it indfinately.
after using it on this can you repurpose the charge sheets? i would hope so
Ok well I know that Aly can corrode in certain circumstances but from what I can gather and from looking at the vid they have up you could chop the ends off used drinks cans, also although they don't make it clear it seems like the 'Refill packs' they will be selling will have 30 small sheets of Aly in them and I am sure that we an all think of endless uses for Aly sheets about the size of a paperback novel. At least that's about how large they look to me in the vid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts