Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is sequestration the catalyst? Regardless of how you feel about the politics behind it, could this lead to what we are all fearing and preparing for?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
To me no, but it will depend on how the cuts are administered and how people react. I'm sure to some it will be the end of the world, and it may be if they live entirely on the government and are one of the unlucky few that are not prepared. for anything.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
No, the sequester is akin to cutting 23.00 dollars out of ones budget of 1000 dollars. Hardly a drop in the bucket and its not going to slow down the spending even a little bit by the current administration. Further more I think the administration is going to make the cuts as painful as possible in order to try and put all the blame for this on republicans and conservative types. Its just a dog and pony show. There is not intention by the administration to make meaningful budget cuts and at least 51% of America is okay with that and the possibility of finding this country in the position Greece is now in. Sadly I dont think Republicans have a big enough Brass Pair to make the cuts that would be neccessary to make an overly huge difference even if they were in charge. Thats the sad state of affairs this country has become...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The only way it would hurt is if the world is watching and especially China sees that the USA can't even make 2.5% cuts on future spending, how are they ever going to make good on their debt.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The policy (or lack of one) is not what I think could lead to panic. I am afraid of the reaction of those who think theymay lose their checks.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
In practice there are no parties. Nobody is looking out for the common citizen
Cant says I could argue that point with you. While there are some distinct differences in the two major ones, in the last 30 years the end result has pretty much been the same, its only been a question of how fast do you wanna get there! Here the last 6 years...we have apparently been in the "express lane" and in the next 4 years we are apparently going to double down on it! You just got to wonder how much longer it can go before the bottom drops out of the barrel.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
When the bottom drops out of the barrel, if I am still alive I have every intention of personally holding those accountable that got us there and it wont be in a court of law, or by a jury of their peers...there are some crimes in this world for which there is no forgiveness that can be had.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sequestration is a scare tactic and that's all it is. You may see a few federal jobs lost (very few), but it is not the Armageddon they make it out to be and I think people are starting to realize that. I'm not concerned about mass panic over sequestration.

-Infidel

·
Registered
922 Posts
If the sequester goes through as planned, it's the military that will take the hit.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Let me get this right, lets see the House, Senate and President couldn't agree on anything so the say let's make some cut's that we know we never will agree on so that we will have to come to an agreement latter on.
and people still keep voting these fools into office.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts