Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
One of the reasons cal is so broke is of course Brown. The people out there didn't have enough with Brown Sr. so they elected Brown jr to finish the job, after they realized he was even worse then his father, they got rid of him, only to bring him back again to do more damage. As far as I am concerned, having left that crazy place over 31 years ago, I know I made the right decision . Ok, the money is good there, but it cost you ton's more just to live also. Tax this, tax that, fine you for this and that, and pretty soon, you are as broke as cali is . LMAO , as I really think that cali is getting it's just deserts. As it spirals more and more down deep into the abyis, it will only get worse, as they will keep raising taxes to try and salvage whats left of THEIR paychecks. If you live out there, do you really think that the state goobermint really gives a hoot about you and yours ? Only if your paying their salaries for them.

Does the poor working slob in cali even have an idea of how many companies cal has lost in the last ten years to other states ? Less taxes paid , so raise the taxes on the last of the working people again. Hell, they won't even notice, it 's kinda like o'great one care. Lots and lots of hidden taxes to enable them to spend more on worthless junk as usual.

Another thing about cali, is that the loonier the people that get voted in are, the more loonie laws they enact to make it like they vision it to be.

Of course, you should also know that cali can't even afford to house their prisoners any more, they send em' here, Texas, and many other places, and you pay for their upkeep. Let'em all come in and make them legal. LMAO again.

Cali is the land of the walking dead only to get more dead. It was a nice place to grow up in the fifties and sixties though.

·
Registered
640 Posts
This one's for Lucky Jim... :) Crowds walking along Oxford Street in Central London. I wonder how much food they will have after a day or so of no electricity?

Daytime Tree Yellow City Event

Reactions: nadja

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, there are lots of places you wouldn't want to be, but to me , just being in Merry Old England is for sure one of the worst places to be. Stuff happens and most of you will be back into the dark ages chopping each other up with new and improved battle axes and machetes. Your water supply via rivers and streams will be poluted from your "slop" buckets being dumped into them by your own admission and plague will be re born. I am not saying it will be much better over here, but we do have a lot more room to choose where we wish to die at least.
Far far from other people as in my case already. If, I were much younger, and knew what I now know, I would be moving to Fiji as quick as I could get there. Or at least someplace like it. This country is now pretty much doomed to existance. I think the entire economy of the world will colapse and fairly soon at that. Too many left loonies giving everything away as fast as they can find a way to create new taxes, no matter what they wish to call them. It only hurts the younger people trying to make a decent living. One of the things living over in England you may not entirely understand, is that we do have a lot of room to do more of what we wish. The only real problems are once you get here, making a living is really tough for the average person. They have to learn to do without all the money and restraunts etc to live here.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That... and your beaches are too darn cold to swim or enjoy. I was up at Whitby over the summer and watched all of these families "enjoying the beach" by sitting in chairs and watching the kids annoy each other. Not a single person in the water... not a single line in the water..... Just sitting and yelling at the kids. Now... to be fair... there was a pier about a mile away and that was packed. Personally... i rather wander out in the water until I'm mid-chest deep and start fishing. It's much more fun when you can feel the fish or sharks swim between your legs. :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
I remember back in the mid 60's when I was stationed in Conn. I hit the water in mid July, and had to check if I still had em' after getting out . The only water I have been in colder then the Atlantic ocean was Lake Mich. and Lake Tahoe. They can have their beaches and overcroded cities. I like it out here in the woods all alone .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Funny nadja... I did a "polar bear" swim up in Thule, Greenland. The water was 28 degrees (and for those that want to argue about water freezing at 32... it was salt water.) I was under the impression that swim actually meant swim, instead of "quickly dunk yourself and run screaming like a girl out of the water". Sorry girls... but that's not a good image for the typical manly man. Anyway... I dove under the water... swam a few strokes and surfaced. I turned towards shore and observed the other sissies already back on shore. A friend took a pic of me: I'm standing chest deep in the water with a dumb look on my face and an iceberg floating behind me. Classic!

I have to tell you... the water was cold... but getting out of the water was even colder.... the wind instantly froze me... and my swim trunks were like ice. So... with little modesty... I shucked them on the spot and got a few giggles from the girls standing near by. Note to those girls: The water was really really cold (that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.)

Reactions: nadja

·
Registered
466 Posts
Woad, you reminded me of how cold the water can be. Especially the part about getting out of it. Lake mich is like that, cold in and even colder when you get out. Always breezy when your up there. Has a tendancy to change your voice a few octaivs or so in the upwards area.......

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.