Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about my life and what has happened and what will happen in the future. I have always been a believer in God but I cannot remember the last time I went to Church. I was wondering if there was anyone on this site willing to get together and spread some information to me like a study group or prayer group or whatever...

I have fallen short but I know that all have fallen short but there are ways to bounce back. This is my attempt and outcry to raise myself from what I feel is rock bottom. "The good thing about rock bottom is you will have no firmer ground in your journey" -Quoted from my father.

I am thinking and hopping that in doing this I will have taken that step to get me closer to where I need to be spiritually and in doing so get me mentally stronger as well.

Thank you all for your time and consideration,
God Bless.

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
I have been a believer for a long time. But I have not been to church in a long time. My problem is most churches don't believe what I believe. I have problems with most church dogma. Many churches interpret the Bible in a variety of ways, many of these interpretations I disagree with.

That being said, I listen to audiobooks on an ipod. I recently found Logos ministries Bible Study with Dr Bill Creasey on Audible.com. This guy is good. I thought I would give Revelation a try and ended up picking up a number of his studies. They also have a website https://www.logos.com/

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but it's worth a look.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much, I too have this problem in that I believe my interpretation but I am open to ideas of something meaning something else lol.... I know that when several come together under one roof that it is considered a church in the eyes of God so I thought why not do it here and bring those willing into a little group or whatever but anyway yes thank you for that information... There is a gentleman that I like A LOT and his name is Eric Ludy

Eric and Leslie Ludy Bio | Ellerslie Training & Christian Discipleship

That man is very interesting and educated and just from what I have heard of him I like that a lot and listen to his downloadable sermons.

I am a firm believer that God is needed now more than ever especially in a country/world that is trying so hard to get rid of him... One once said that we as humans are advanced enough now that we no longer need GOD.... Big time yellow flag on that play ref I would say that alone means we need him more than ever.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Betrayed, If you are looking for one on one communications I am a minister and will do what I can. I am in SE WA. state so person to person is not in the cards. I would say to get your Bible out and read the gospel of John for the best description of the love of Christ. I came from a dark place but I really don't want to share it with everyone and I don't know whether it would help you or not. You know that you are already forgiven all that you have done or will do as long as you are repentant but sometimes believing that is a lot more difficult than knowing it. Let me know if I can help.

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
Thank you very much, I too have this problem in that I believe my interpretation but I am open to ideas of something meaning something else lol.... I know that when several come together under one roof that it is considered a church in the eyes of God so I thought why not do it here and bring those willing into a little group or whatever but anyway yes thank you for that information... There is a gentleman that I like A LOT and his name is Eric Ludy

Eric and Leslie Ludy Bio | Ellerslie Training & Christian Discipleship

That man is very interesting and educated and just from what I have heard of him I like that a lot and listen to his downloadable sermons.

I am a firm believer that God is needed now more than ever especially in a country/world that is trying so hard to get rid of him... One once said that we as humans are advanced enough now that we no longer need GOD.... Big time yellow flag on that play ref I would say that alone means we need him more than ever.
Thanks, I'll look him up. Dr Creasey is a teacher, not a minister. I haven't found a minister I have liked and respected yet.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I've met a few ministers that were great but the "preachers are too wrapped up in telling people how they are supposed to live instead of helping people deal with what they have lived.
I guess that is the difference to me; a preacher tells people how to live and a minister helps people deal with the reality of living.

Reactions: slewfoot and Denton

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
B.A., I am in lower Alabama, so there's no way for us to sit down together for prayer, praise and study, but I'll pray for you. I ask that you pray for me, too. I empathize with you. It's been so long since I have been to church that they'd welcome me as a newcomer. I doubt anyone would recognize me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B.A., I am in lower Alabama, so there's no way for us to sit down together for prayer, praise and study, but I'll pray for you. I ask that you pray for me, too. I empathize with you. It's been so long since I have been to church that they'd welcome me as a newcomer. I doubt anyone would recognize me.
Thank you. Now for the face to face and group thing... I know that there is no one on this site remotely close to where I live, I was thinking like a messaging system of sorts but yes I prayer circles are nice and though I dont have one I will try to keep you and all the others here in my prayers for guidance, knowledge, and safety.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My suggestion is this

Do not forsake the assembly, in other words you need to have 1 on 1 fellowship with believers, get your fat ass into church and WORK at building relationships.

It could be a mens ministry, a AAA meeting or a Cowboy church but you need to get one on one with believers to get to the next level.

You cannot grow spiritually until you grow in a fellowship with other Christians, it isn't rocket science it is simply the truth.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I take it you meant AA and not AAA. I don't think an auto club is going to be of much use unless they offer traveling churches in their services.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
If you need face to face contact, I am only about 6 hours away by car. - St Paul, MN. I will drive there if it would help. It is the least I can offer for what you have done protecting myself and my family. Both Mrs Inor and myself are Christian but neither of us is very good at the evangelical part. Unfortunately, the soonest I could do it would be Thanksgiving week. Please advise.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Betrayed, in agreement with PaulS; get your Bible out and start reading in the Gospel of John, prayerfully asking God to guide and speak to you through your reading. Then go to Matthew and start reading all the way through. If you don't have one, I'll be glad to mail you a Bible.
I will also be happy to add you to our church's weekly mailing list. All it is is a CD of one of the sermons preached at our church during the previous week. There is no cost, we mail these all across the country to anyone who asks for it. No one will contact you in any other way unless you request it.
PM me if you wish, I can send you our web address where you can listen to or download all the listed sermons for free. Same goes for anyone else here who would like to visit the web site.
Other than that, all I can offer from here is prayer and you already have it.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
BA, I'm going to suggest something a little different. If you don't find it useful, just say so and I'll let it rest. I'm not trying to make things worse for you, not at all.

At the end of the day, you don't need to seek the approval or forgiveness or understanding of anyone but yourself. The past is past, there's no going back. One can make excuses and try to justify actions by placing them in the context of war or one can take ownership of these actions and use them as motivation to become a positive force in the world. If you have done wrong, balance this by doing right in greater measure.

Perhaps you could get involved with an organization like Iraq Veterans Against the War. (Iraq Veterans Against the War | You are not alone) If you do, you will not only meet people who do understand and have been there, done that, but more importantly, your active involvement might prevent others from buying into the "unjust war is my patriotic duty" mindset that seems so common these days. Let your experiences be the light that guides others along a more righteous path.

Christians know that their repentant sins are forgiven through Christ, but all of the bible study, sermons, and fellowship in the world are meaningless unless you live the word. Let your pain be the motivation that transforms you into a force of good and you will one day discover that you can forgive yourself.

My prayers are with you.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Betrayed, . . . our church (I am the pastor) also sends out DVD's weekly with the message, songs (with the words, you can sing along), and the prayer requests of all. We are adding you to the prayer list even right now.

I would also be more than happy to send you our DVD, . . . we are a little country church of about 30 members, . . . 9 years old as a church, . . . who fully believe that every day is an opportunity to make a difference: sometimes the difference is in someone else's life (whom we help) and sometimes the difference is made in our life to better ourselves. We consider ourselves a "community" church, . . . non-denominational.

PM me with a snail mail address, . . . I'll personally make sure you get them, . . . at no cost. It is one of our outreaches.

Before I go, . . . let me share one simple thought, . . . found in Romans 10:13, " For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. " There is a ton of information in the previous 4 verses, . . . but this is the one of promise, . . . this one counts today, tomorrow, and forever. Simply sit down somewhere that you can shut out distractions for a few moments, . . . call upon the Lord, Jesus Christ, share with Him your fears, your needs, your desires, your hopes, . . . then let Him take care of them. He WILL !

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
That personal relationship with the One who created you is all that is required. Your Creator knows your limitations better than anyone else. He will judge you as the only One who knows you and loves you unconditionally. Blessings of Health, Wealth and Happiness!

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
That personal relationship with the One who created you is all that is required. Your Creator knows your limitations better than anyone else. He will judge you as the only One who knows you and loves you unconditionally. Blessings of Health, Wealth and Happiness!
I understand what you're saying but I think BA wants to interact with others. I felt the same way for a long time and tried. The problem always seemed to be me and my belief system so I kept this to myself after that. People have different ideas and most will not discuss it I really wanted someone to talk to and exchange ideas. I even prayed about it. All I could conclude is it was meant for me to do this by myself. It's probably taken longer for me but like most things, I had to learn it on my own.

BA, I pray you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
We are social animals - we enjoy sharing our lives with others. I am sure that BA can connect with others - all I was saying was that the personal relationship with Jesus is all that was required. It is wonderful to connect with like minded folks too but sometimes that can complicate the process.
we each have differing needs and challenges. He will know what he needs as he reconnects. I have faith in who he is.

Reactions: Inor
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.