Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I try to get my family to be ready for smaller, more local events; Weather, power outages, stuff like that. If I can get them there, then I figure I have a leg up.

I'm not so much of an apocalyptic type. After all, if it were "apocalyptic", I'm fairly certain we'd be done anyway.

Though I think we're headed for serious social issues if our government continues the direction it is going with the lies, spying on citizens, abuse of power, targeting of "dissenters", and blatant breaking of the law and dismantling of the constitution. I have concerns over the general lack of health of the economy and the REAL unemployment rates. I think that we are going to have a need to be more self sufficient overall. The cost of everything is going up, while I personally, have watched my pay decrease.

I think in the dense urban areas, this is where we will experience the greatest amount of disruption, panic and lawlessness. Especially in the low income areas, where crime is already rampant. I think we all have a general feel for the "thought process" where we live. I live in an area that is relatively mellow, but like anywhere, has its exceptions. For the most part, our area will not tolerate a whole lot of shenanigans.

I have expressed the need for us to raise some vegetables & chickens, though it would be limited as I live in the city and rent the house we're in. I have also determined we need to start canning and focus on food storage. But all of this is to get ready, as I said, for smaller, briefer local events. Our weather is mild and the last time we lost power was a couple of years ago. But when that happened, it was out for two days. The kids thought it was "fun" cooking on the camp stove, breaking out the lanterns, playing games and sleeping in the living room. What I did learn, is most of my neighbors will bail during anything that last's more than 24 hours for "greener pastures".

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Just for some context: Mrs Inor's mother was my 11th grade English teacher. Jus' sayin;
Teacher's pet. :razz:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts