Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
those without realistic fighting skills and gear will be robbed of their food. Cannibalism will be commonplace, 90 days after shtf. Your neighbors will be looters, as will your relatives. It will be so grim that not 1 in 100 will WANT to survive it, count on that much.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Where do you get your numbers from? I mean your probably right. Even more reason to get involved with your neighbors and community and help educate them on preparedness. I know most people here are just looking out for themselves and their family. Thats fine and all but your going to welcome assistance form neighbors when a mob of starving cannibals show on your door step.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your neighbors won't be able or willing to help, so forget the doorstep and get a spiderhole dug, be ready to expand it into a dugout, and get the metal drums of food cached. A mile wide circle has a 3.14 mile perimeter, so 6 drums can be 1/2 mile apart around the edge of the circle, while none of them is more than 1/2 mile from the dugout in the center of the circle. All in wooded hills out of sight of each other, naturally, Accessed only at night, cached at night, of course. Dig the hole, escavate the dirt and scatter/hide it, make and place the concealing cover, all in one night. The next night, bring in the barrel (empty) on a bicycle, walking alongside the bike. Hide the drum, wait a month, and if there's no sign that anyone has messed with it, then (again at night) install the goodies in the drum and cover it up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You know what... Im a mother of 4, and I do all I can to prep.. one thing I run off of is positive energy and knowing that as much as I love my kids, I will be able to take care of business when SHTF regardless of the extent I am prepped. Some of us are not financially equipped or located in an area where we are able to live up to your standard of being fully prepared to where we will actually survive, however, that is no reason to throw such a negative out look on things. I personally have read other posts you have made and it about disgusts me that you would bring such a downer on those of us busting our asses to do the right thing by our families on what limited resources we have access to.

·
Registered
104 Posts
and i just saw hes banned... thank you mod.. while someone like him only makes me want to prep harder, I just cant go get loans to get everything I need in one shot.. and his post made me feel like crap.. funny thing is, I venture to bet hes not even a prepper.. LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
and i just saw hes banned... thank you mod.. while someone like him only makes me want to prep harder, I just cant go get loans to get everything I need in one shot.. and his post made me feel like crap.. funny thing is, I venture to bet hes not even a prepper.. LOL
Prep are your own pace. Never let someone make you feel like crap. It's not a race, live and learn.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh wow he did get banned. That person was really getting under my skin as most could probably tell. lOl. I didn't read many of their post but did post on some of the others. Dreams I don't know what was said but never let them get you down. I doesn't matter how much you have ready the knowledge is what will get everyone past a shtf scenerio. After all we are learning some great info here. Regaurdless of what happens people will ban together if nothing else to have the comfort of someone else there in the same boat. I personally will help you and anyone on this site the best I can. Regaurdless if this is the only thing we have in common. Peace&Love to each every on you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hear you Dreams, I live in a pretty populated area where the property prices have just skyrocketed. There is only so much you can do. We do the best we can and hope that we can be a beacon of decency in a time of strife.

·
Registered
369 Posts
None of us can be as prepared as we want to be. There is always an extra something that we may need or want. All we can do is to be as prepared as we can and hope for the best.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hear you.. my brain never stops.. Im thinking.. well, my son is growing, so he will need cloths for the next so many years.. what If I cant get them, etc etc.. so right now he has cloths to last until he is at least 2.. lol.. I guess Im on overload..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wouldn't say you're on overload. You're actively protecting what is most dear to you. I do the same with my son. I am going to looking into how to make clothes from scratch. Leatherworking, only need tanned leather and some good knives. I have already dabbled in it so far and am progressing into making actual wearable items. From hats, to shirts and jerkins to pants (hot in the summer) and most important.....boots. Starting to look into how to tan various hides various ways.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have thought about the worry of clothes wearing out and such. I keep all clothes that we don't wear anymore and store them in tubs. I feel like I can barter them or may have people that show up that may need them. I am sure I am not the only one that does that. At garage sales you can pick an extra set of clothes for each size as he grows, and that is something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I stick by my motto:

We cant all be completely prepared for everything, but a few of us can be somewhat prepared for something.

Or something like that, but you get the point...maybe no one in the world will be slightly prepared for a real SHTF situation...but we are trying, and we are making an effort to survive whatever comes our way, be it a train derailment with leaking chlorine, or full on giant meteor heading directly at us...

We stick together, we help each other, and we survive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts