Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I'm Alexandra but everyone calls me Alex. I am 18yrs old and currently a student.
The last two years I have become more and more interested in prepping due to terrorism (22.July: a single man went loco, killed hundreds of teens and set off a bomb in Oslo, our capital) and Russia. I do not trust our army or the police to protect us in case of war. Seriously, they could not even protect us against one single man. Blaming foreigners and stuff... so ignorant and stupid.

Anyways! I've registered here to look for tips, tricks and help to prep. I am new to this so any advice would be of great help!

~Alex

·
Registered
21,116 Posts
Welcome Alex. Glad you found us.

I've been reading about Norway being in a difficult situation with the influx of islamists from Africa and the Middle East. I hope that your country stops those immigrants or you will be in big trouble.

Can you own a firearm in Norway? If so, are there any restrictions?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Alex. Glad you found us.

I've been reading about Norway being in a difficult situation with the influx of islamists from Africa and the Middle East. I hope that your country stops those immigrants or you will be in big trouble.

Can you own a firearm in Norway? If so, are there any restrictions?

Thanks
When it comes to restrictions here there is the papermill to pass if you would like to own a firearm. To legally own a handgun you need to have been an active member of a club (spesifically a club with only handguns and active use of these) for several years. To own a rifle you must apply for one and the main reason for owning one is hunting. To hunt you must have a permit. To get the permit you need to pass a test and be above 15yrs (I think). To get the rifle (or shotgun for that matter) you need to be 16yrs or older.
My brother recently turned 16 (he does have a hunting license) and the first thing he did was apply for a rifle. Then a shotgun. Since his record is clean he got the permit.

And over to the other stuff.

The main problem here is not the immigrants, but our dear neighbor Russia. Also, the 22.July incident was done by a Norwegian citizen, not an immigrant. Norwegians just likes to think that the "evil" comes from the "outside world". Ignorant fools. Ever since the 22.07.2011, our government has been scared to the point of paranoia of an other attack and STILL THEY ARE DOWNSIZING THE ARMY. The police is acting all bad-ass and are really not prepared for anything involving guns.

I admit that I have a problem with authorities, but I blame them. I would be less concerned if they knew how to protect us.

~Alex

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Hello Alex, I think the actual number is 77. I saw where he is now being educated in Political Science and received 21 years behind bars. My family is originally from Norway. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome Alex. Come on in sit right down and make yourself at home.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Alex, welcome to the forum from Virginia!

·
Registered
11,811 Posts
Welcome from Texas. You will learn much here.

·
Registered
21,116 Posts
Jeg er i fra Rogaland, vest i Norge :) In English: I am from Rogaland, at the Western side of Norway
That would be in the oil and gas region of Norway, correct? I read that Rogaland has the lowest unemployment in Norway. Excellent place to be.

What is the most popular sport in Norway?

EDIT; Just looked it up-Biathlon. :teapot:Skiing and shooting guns. Not to bad but around here, if you strap a couple of skis on a redneck and hand him a rifle, the result will not be pretty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That would be in the oil and gas region of Norway, correct? I read that Rogaland has the lowest unemployment in Norway. Excellent place to be.

What is the most popular sport in Norway?

EDIT; Just looked it up-Biathlon. :teapot:Skiing and shooting guns. Not to bad but around here, if you strap a couple of skis on a redneck and hand him a rifle, the result will not be pretty.
It is the gas and oil region :) The unemployment is low, but the men and women working at sea is now being outsourced. Biathlon is big here, but so is soccer.
I am not a sports person myself, but I do enjoy working out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts