Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read that on news when i googled north korea. are they serious is that guy on korean crack or something? The base here is so dead its scary.

·
Registered
938 Posts
It is being reported that North Korea's young leader has authorized the NK Army to utilize "small nuclear weapons" against U.S. bases in the region to counter "American aggression" that is not specified.

This brings into play the theater nuclear weapons I mentioned in another thread. North Korea has man-portable nuclear weapons that can be positioned and then detonated remotely. They also have the ability to place these small weapons on their medium range (1000 mile) missiles, which could easily hit South Korea and our allies in Japan.

We now have two anti-missile destroyers in the area.

This is getting very serious.

Thoughts and prayers to our military men and women in the region, and our allies as well.

The concern I have is how we got out of the Great Depression - a World War was caused by a country that suffered a serious defeat in a previous war, that had severe economic sanctions (war reparations in the case of Germany) that caused widespread hardships on the country's population, coupled with a military dictatorship that controlled the media exclusively and brainwashed its people with propaganda and militaristic films. North Korea is directly analogous to the totalitarian regime in Nazi Germany, except North Korea substitutes Communist totalitarian dictatorship for fascist rule; and unlike the Nazis, they are a nuclear power. And they appear to be beyond the desperation phase and are ready to wage war.

Now the only questions are: will they actually attack, and where? The people of South Korea are in grave danger, as are our 28,500 troops there.

And, with our "Great Recession" we could use a war to improve our own "warfare state" economy - just like how we did after WWII was over.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Administration needs a new position.

For me it would be: We are withdrawing all our troops from South Korea. South Korea is our friend
and any ounce of aggression against them will be met with ICBM's - plural.

·
Registered
938 Posts
America builds military bases wherever it can. I do not believe we will ever withdraw.

·
Registered
156 Posts
We now have two anti-missile destroyers in the area.

This is getting very serious.

Thoughts and prayers to our military men and women in the region, and our allies as well.
They have also brought in a GIANT radar platform mounted on a barge type vessel along with the US bases in Japan and Guam having eyes and ears on them as well,if Kim jr farts in his sleep,we'll know it and I have the utmost faith in our Military's men and womens determination and might and I also pray for their safety as I really think they could truly be in harms way.

And without trying to sound like a paranoid tin hat,but this guy is a nutjob and i'm starting to think now with closing the industrial complex in the DMZ and the fact that they have not moved military into positions,plus the carry nukes that could be well on their way here or elsewhere has me really concerned if we are more "on the brink" than possibly ever before.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Another World War will not pull us out of the recession. The reason we propsered and flourished post WWII was because we were the only industrialized nation left standing and all of Europe, Japan, and much of the Soviet bloc and Russia proper had to be rebuilt after being bombed into smithereens.

We don't have that industrial/economic luxury now.

This guy is a whack job threatening to send the planet spiraling into an ever escalating conflict. We can only hope China decides they have had enough and takes him out and claims North Korea as their own.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Dear China,

Do you want your North Koreans regular or extra chrispy?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It's completely scary. I don't think Kim Un is lucid. He wouldn't be saying and doing the things he is if he were. Somebody give that guy a vallium. Stat! I believe I'll just step up my food stores a bit faster. Jeez. And wear my knees out with prayer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
These threats are the same games that Kim Jong Ill used to do in order to get food and financial aid to NK. Kim Jong Un is doing the same thing. NK knows they have no chance if they waged war knowing their closest and most powerful ally (China) has already taken sides with the USA and the UN.

Stupidity on NK's part will be the only reason if a war breaks out.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Actually our economic decline in 07/8 came as we started bailing out of Iraq did it not? We also had a budget deficit of less than 200 billion in 07 I believe.

That really worked for us in Iraq and Afghanistan didnt it?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
These threats are the same games that Kim Jong Ill used to do in order to get food and financial aid to NK. Kim Jong Un is doing the same thing. NK knows they have no chance if they waged war knowing their closest and most powerful ally (China) has already taken sides with the USA and the UN.

Actually I don't think that NK does anything without China's permission. NK should never have been allowed to produce nuclear weapons especially after all the deals we made with them and sending thousands of tons of food. You have to really think what will they be like if when they have a large nuclear stockpile, I would be willing to bet that there are several generals thing this may be the time to destroy the nuclear abilities and send a strong message to Iran. Just some of the things I can think of off my head that NK has done over the years and all without more then a verbal response.
Hacked several of our soldiers to death in the DMZ while cutting down a tree, Blew up a South Korean air liner, sent a small special military force into South Korea to assassinate the South Korean president, Took our ship the USS Pueblo and held the crew as prisoners, kidnapped Japanese tourist in South Korea and forced them to train their North Korean spies, counterfeited over 100 million a year of US $100 bills, Shelled the South Korean island a few years ago and then sunk a South Korean Ship. When is enough enough when now they are treating us.

And now it seems like perfect timing with the conflict between China and Japan over islands and US and China over the Taiwan. China will not do anything to help without some concessions from us such as sending weapons to Taiwan. North Korea couldn't exist with out help from China.

PS. Just watching the news and many are saying that a lot of what is going on is because Obama is seen as a very weak president who will not uses force. Obama sending two f-22 fighter and one guided missile ship is a joke.
We now have Russia flying over our air space with nuclear weapons and China hacking into our computer systems without impunity, and Obama is destroying our nuclear stockpiles as fast as he can which is another story.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts

The main difference between un and il is that un is a young man; il was a middle aged man by the time he stepped up to the plate. Young men make stupid decisions. I expect it is doubly so when they think they have a workable nuclear bomb behind them. The best possible solution is that one of his generals whacks him out before this goes too much further.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

I wonder if it is possible that Kim Jong-un really doesn't know his countries true capabilities. As dumb as that may sound it is a very closed society and he has dismissed many of his generals. It wouldn't be the first time that the leader has intimidated all under him to a point that he is told only things they think he wants to hear.

·
9,021 Posts
You have a real point. It is possible that daddy was the same way and all he has ever heard was BS about how powerful NK is.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wonder if it is possible that Kim Jong-un really doesn't know his countries true capabilities. As dumb as that may sound it is a very closed society and he has dismissed many of his generals. It wouldn't be the first time that the leader has intimidated all under him to a point that he is told only things they think he wants to hear.
I do believe they are "out of touch" for the most part with the outside world,which is one of the things that makes this situation very different than past rhetoric with older leaders that knew when to stop,with this young leader (29 I believe) just makes this that much more dangerous of a situation.I just read on cnn that Kim jr. claims "time of explosion is near".

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I do believe they are "out of touch" for the most part with the outside world,which is one of the things that makes this situation very different than past rhetoric with older leaders that knew when to stop,with this young leader (29 I believe) just makes this that much more dangerous of a situation.I just read on cnn that Kim jr. claims "time of explosion is near".
In the last few years they shelled an South Korean island killing sever people and then torpedoed a South Korean navy ship on 26 March 2010 causing the deaths of 46 sailors with nothing more than a nasty letter from our state dept and South Korea. How hard would it be for his generals to convince him that the west is totally afraid of them and would you want to be the only general that tells him differently.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Now thats he's playing the "nuke card",the US,SK,Japan and now China will not allow it.He is too close at pushing the envelope (the UN says he gone "too far already") that any action from them will be a very very bad move on their part.

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
Read that on news when i googled north korea. are they serious is that guy on korean crack or something? The base here is so dead its scary.
USA has deployed 3 anti missile systems (2 aegis destroyers and another system) off of Korea which will effectively stop North Korea from performing long range missile tests. The US is conducting war games that are longer than a month in duration, that included the use of nuclear bombers. There isn't much more wiggle room in terms of North Korean response but I think the chance of anything happening is quite slim unless the Chinese forces were to back up NK which has been reported as unlikely.

If the North attacks first it could be quite devestating, although SK may have some secret defences. None the less at this point any border skirmishes could balloon into a very heavy damage death situation. Although I think the next few days should show if anything happens. If anything happens it will be before the end of the month but I would be willling to bet $50 north korea does not attack the south in total war this month. I'm even willing to bet $200 on that fact, if there are any takers.

It is condition yellow right now but nothing to be too concerned about over here on the eastern side of the continent. Any fallout from nuclear war over there will take 2-3 days to get to us over here so plenty of time and notice to prepare.

The only possible threat is that North Korean subs equiped with nuclear weapons have infiltrated the east or west coasts and that is highly unlikely aside from the odd agent implanted in SK or the US very little issue. The only realy issue is if Russia or China were to use it as a go to do a suprise attack, and I will bet $8000 my house and car it doesn't happen this week.

Its fine its really fine for us here on the eastern side of the continent.

I have some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda like arm and hammer...) and ordered in some potassium iodine... the stuff lasts forever... if you don't have some you can stock up your well your not dead but there is radiation kit... ... oh there is more of a chance of me winning the lottery sure I bought the stuff instead of scratch and win but I'm not much of a gambler.

It never hurts you to be prepared only your pocket book :) You can get a lifetime supply of KI for less than $15

Like really what are the chances of China Shanghai'ing America, they are a rising dragon, why global war now? The west still hasn't sorted out dark matter.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts