Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I am new to the prepper scene...or so I thought. It seems I've been doing it for a while but never put two and two together. Over the years I have purchased a food dehydrator, vacuum sealer, MRE's for when I camp etc. But living alone I always wondered why I needed them. Then I had my moment of clarity. The last several years the world news has raised doubts about my faith in mankind. It seems to me that the only path civility can end on is one of non exestiance. So I it's time to ready myself. I want to be ready for WTSHTF.

So I want to formulate what I call my B.O.S.S. Bug Out Survival Strategy, and will definitely look for some useful advice. I am relatively close to the urban scene, however fairly close so some remote areas. I think that is a definite advantage.

Look forward to chatting...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey PNation-H, love the play on words. Definitely will need to keep our sense of humor WTSHTF. Like you, I'm new to the site but I'm way behind you. Haven't really started prepping (unless you can count the pounds I've been stockpiling on my waist:) Like that BOSS acronym - new to me. Your location description sounds similar to my situation. I have seven years until I can get to my remote property on a full-time basis. Can't wait to get off the East Coast.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
glad ya found us! hope we can teach ya a thing or two! But hope you can teach us more!

·
Registered
2 Posts
PNH....me and CPC are going to be slow rolling some spinner baits over the stumps on Saturday. The fish should be stacked up like cord wood. Hopefully you can make it out.

As far as the prepping goes, I think it's a slow process of stocking up on the basics and getting a game plan in place. Lots of good info on the site.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hello and welcome from New Mexico!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a super noob here guys!

My Dad and I have been gathering all sorts of things we think will be useful...
If I were to start prepping, what are some of the most basic things I will need?

We have protection and ammunition, water, water purifiers, and other assorted dehydrated foods. What else should I start getting?

I am working on buying some land in Madison county in Arkansas that's pretty far away from other folks..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Arkansauce said:
I'm a super noob here guys!

My Dad and I have been gathering all sorts of things we think will be useful...
If I were to start prepping, what are some of the most basic things I will need?

We have protection and ammunition, water, water purifiers, and other assorted dehydrated foods. What else should I start getting?

I am working on buying some land in Madison county in Arkansas that's pretty far away from other folks..

Thanks
Welcome Arkansauce! Think to yourself if you were going camping for a long time, then what would you take with you?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas, glad to have you here with us all. Sounds like you got a heck of a start and hit the ground running! Hope to see you around and see you often.

·
Registered
45 Posts
do you have any buddies that prep w/ you? if so think about what skills you & your group have or what you want to have. with the city situation i would try to have a few secondary locations that are.. less crowded id guess youd say. have a few different ways to get to each locations & some caches along the way just in case your on foot or get caught by suprise when your on the go.
you have what sounds like a firm foot hold so far :D keep it up & best of luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts