Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I was busy building grow boxes for the aquaponics system I am building. It's not going to be anything impressive, just something to keep us in a decent supply of bell peppers, and for me to learn the ropes of such gardening/aquaculture. Now that I've learned it is possible to feed the fish for free (black soldier fly harvesting), this seems to be a more viable way of feeding the family if things go bad.

Anyway, as I am working on the project, I realize that two neighbors are drinking beer and smoking cigarettes like they are being bought by other people. Heck, I guess they are, as both households are supported by your tax dollars. I started wondering to myself, what did Noah think when he say all of his neighbors acting the fool as he prepared for what was coming.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I think Noah actually felt sorry for his neighbors. He was told to prepare knowing that only the lives on his boat were going to survive. We have the advantage of being able to warn those who will listen and know that there are others like us who will also survive. We have an entire community to help us and that we help. We have an easier challenge than Noah.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Yes I bet he felt just like a lot of us do now. It makes me sad to see all the sleeping people that won't wake up till it's to
late. I just wish they would listen now

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noah didn't have it bad; God made it perfectly clear what to do, and He made it perfectly clear why.

I think He has also made it clear to many of us that the storm clouds on the horizon are the squall lines of a very bad storm.

I feel sad for these people, as I am sure you do, too, Paul. That sort of makes it tougher.

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I bet he felt just like a lot of us do now. It makes me sad to see all the sleeping people that won't wake up till it's to
late. I just wish they would listen now
Yup. At this point, I'm thinking it could be detrimental to make any more warnings.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Noah is but one of many examples of warnings given and the folks ignored them.

The story with the worst outcome to me is when the Israelite spies came back with their report, . . . the nation had their choice of going to work (taking the land) or continuing to wander in the desert on God's original manna/quail welfare plan.

10 out of 12 chose welfare, . . . and 2.4 million (or something thereabouts) people died because they were too lazy to work, . . . would not listen to Godly warnings, . . . and chose the easy way out.

Ain't much changed today, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

·
9,014 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
God didn't have a limited perception of how small the world was. I have no doubt there were cataclysmic flood in the area of the Black Sea.

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's always "that guy" who looks for the opportunity to strike out against God, the Bible, Christianity, Judaism, etc... as if that was the topic of conversation.

You'll know the truth when you die. Whether or not you like the answer will be dependent.

There are spiritual parallels to this, too, it seems.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Noah, of course, was a myth.
Prove it..;)
If we put it into modern language it's open to interesting speculation.
For example Isaac Asimov suggested the 'flood' was in fact a tsunami caused by a massive asteroid impact in the Indian ocean that was funnelled up the Persian Gulf, flooding the Mesopotamia area and carrying the Ark up into the mountains of Ararat in Turkey.
Alternatively the 'flood' may be a metaphor for the increasing pressures of environmental change and natural disasters, and the 'Ark' might have been a "DNA repository craft" carrying the DNA codes of all creatures for safekeeping.
Heck, the "Ark" may even be the planet earth itself, sailng the ocean of space with its precious cargo.
The film "Silent Running" springs to mind where plant and animal species are kept safe in domes aboard a spacecraft-

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
So on another note, Denton, how's the aquaponics going? You should start another thread on that topic. My wife wants to experiment with it and we have some plans etc. I'm not completely sold but open to the idea.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
966 Posts
There is a guy building a space ship in his driveway next door. He said he was going to use it to escape to Uranus when Earth implodes.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Regardless of whether the story of Noah is a factual event, an allegory, or an oral history handed down about a massive but local natural disaster, the religious message is the same.

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It doesn't take much of a troll to take this thread, which is about preparing while others carry on like the party never ends, and turn it into a Bible-bashing thread. Of course, anyone who is smart enough to knuckle-pound a keyboard knows the thread is not about Noah in himself, but the concept.

It is your own problem if you do not believe what the Bible says, but you are still familiar with the event. Now, pretend you are not trollish and try to stay with the notion.

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So on another note, Denton, how's the aquaponics going? You should start another thread on that topic. My wife wants to experiment with it and we have some plans etc. I'm not completely sold but open to the idea.
Okeedokie.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts