Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any others than me that think that the opening and allowing of homosexuality to become public and tolerable has a huge impact on the morality and decency in todays community. Or am I just born in the wrong era and way to conservative and way to into the teachings of my father by his father by his father and so on and so forth... I know it dates back to way back when but still I feel it is a serious burden on today's moral aspect of things when my daughter can come home and ask why it is that little jimmy has two daddys.... YUK...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pissed off at the world today and have a dont give a shit attitude right now so if you all that follow my threads and posts dont like it then I guess I have that many less followers but I am sick of holding this in.... I needed it out as I do feel strongly against it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
While it is not PERSONALLY my thing.. at all... I tolerate it, because every experience I have had with a homosexual has shown me that they are just people. Other than the sexual preference, they havent acted any different than anyone else I know. Pretty much, its just the way they are. I honestly think that intolerance and hatefulness is more damaging to our morality than the actual act of homosexuality. I just accept people as long as they aren't hateful and terrible... But thats just me, and thats why even when someone doesnt accept homosexuals, I am okay with that, too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont want to hear about anyone's sex life ever, either, lol.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
While it is not PERSONALLY my thing.. at all... I tolerate it, because every experience I have had with a homosexual has shown me that they are just people. Other than the sexual preference, they havent acted any different than anyone else I know. Pretty much, its just the way they are. I honestly think that intolerance and hatefulness is more damaging to our morality than the actual act of homosexuality. I just accept people as long as they aren't hateful and terrible... But thats just me, and thats why even when someone doesnt accept homosexuals, I am okay with that, too.
I just don't get why it has to be flaunted. I don't give a rat's who is in your bed, but I care a whole lot if I'm forced to hear about it. Keep it behind closed doors and leave the rest of us out of your bedroom.
I think the ladies have nailed it. I've always found it interesting that conservatives will rant for hours, myself included, about how the self annoited left and big government seems to have the audacity to tell us what is good, bad, right, wrong, for us but will turn right around and do the same on the sexual preference issue.

I don't give a damn who someone sleeps with, but for pete's sake does it have to be the defining characteristic of someon'e life? It just becomes so one dimensional, and quite frankly, boring when all you know about a person is that they are "gay".

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Why did have to become a political stance? It seems that they the homosexuals want special rights and not just equal rights. They want to affect everyone around them by making demands that affect my life and my children.
I think it was in the playbook they borrowed. ::shrugs::

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn't know how deeply spread this garbage has been instilled into the peoples minds... At one point in time people knew how bad it was and those found guilty were stoned to death realizing the demoralizing and just plain old nastiness of it... Looks like it is even accepted here... Wish I could just delete this thread.... Was hopping to find another answer.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Didn't know how deeply spread this garbage has been instilled into the peoples minds... At one point in time people knew how bad it was and those found guilty were stoned to death realizing the demoralizing and just plain old nastiness of it... Looks like it is even accepted here... Wish I could just delete this thread.... Was hopping to find another answer.
Also, people were saying the exact same thing about women's voting rights... Just different times, it will be okay.

·
Registered
438 Posts
To me the discussion is about several different political arguments.

I echo others... I don't care who you're in bed with.... But I say that with 2 conditions:

1. Marriage is also a religious institution. The right of a church to say "We view your behavior as sinful." needs to be protected. There are already cases across the pond in England of the Anglican church being sued for refusing to marry a homosexual couple, so don't tell me the government won't eventually try to force churches here to do so.

2. Marriage should be left up to the states as it is not mentioned in the constitution. For this reason I disagree with half of the SCOTUS ruling from last year, but would vote in favor of gay marriage on a ballot referendum and would have no qualms voting for a politician who supports it for state legislature.

·
Registered
143 Posts
1. Homosexuals that I know (me being one myself), do not flaunt it as you claim. Just because I call my partner my partner does not mean we are flaunting it. You say your husband and wife why cant we mention the person we love same as you? I know very few gay men and women who give a play by play on their sexual escapades. I do however hear men at work complain about the inadequacy of oral or anal sex from their wives alll the time. But if I were to do that I would be flaunting it as you put it. Not once have I approached someone off the street to tell them I am gay and how they have to accept me, but I do get approached all the tkme by religious people tellling me I am going to hell and yes I have been spit at, punched, my car set ablaze all because I decided to have a drink at (heaven forbid) a gay bar.

As for the politics of it, people are all up in arms over the marriage thing. I used to not care until something affected me personally. Imagine your wife in the hospital after a horrible car accident, and your inlaws hate you.... they ban u from seeing her in her lsst moments. They bury her against her wishes to be cremated, they ransack your home and then take posession of it and kick you out of hour home you helped pay for for the past 8 years. They then sold that house and kept the profit. You would be pissed..... the djfference is even without a will if we were married none of it wohld have happened. But because we were not, I suffered... all at the same tkme being called a ****** by people who did not speak to their son and had nothing to do with him.... until he died and the state said "sorry, we cant help you you were not on the deed and there was no will and we cannot accept your relationship" so I got screwed. Think you had a bad day... put yourself in that siyuation.

If pelple accept me fine, if they dont fine too, but if you were on fire i would not piss on you to put the fire out. We all need to realize that people are peolle and they should all be treated with respect... and that also means stop blaming gay people for all your problems.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
It has definitely helped to put our national morals into a tailspin, but like some others have said; They are for the most part just regular people heading in the wrong direction. It is my duty to witness to them, not beat them over the head but; I also cannot fellowship with them while they are in open sin. I won't knowingly entertain or enter into business with them.

Reactions: midtnfamilyguy

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I don't care who anyone is screwing (except politicians and that's only because they are usually screwing me) I think sex is something you should learn about from your parents, friends, and ultimately in the back seat of a car or on someones couch. The schools and politicians should stay out of it entirely. I do not think gays are responsible for the decline of morality, they are just generally aligned with the commie bastards who are.

1 - 20 of 277 Posts