Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in several hundred fights or wrestling matches over the last thirty years. My advice to all looking toward TEOTWAWKI avoid a hand to hand fight. Cheat use a gun knife or club. If you have to fight kick them in the balls and slam their head into the ground. Do not hit and look to see what happened, hit and continue to hit until they are out. This Sh*t aint TV in the real world skin splits blood flow and some are down at the first punch other MF are tuff and spit blood as they kick your a$$.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've never been in a fight, but I promise you, in a survival fight, there is no cheating. The only way the fight is measured is who is still alive or standing at the end. this is why I think I am going to sign up for a martial arts class this year, any advantage you can have is an advantage!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been in plenty of fights in my life. Mainly high school though where we would punch and then see if we brought blood. This was the cool factor to the chicks for whatever reason. After talking with a friend that was in Vietnam, he told me situations where he was in a fight where his only way of getting out of the situation was to squeeze until they popped (nuts) so he could get away. After that, I've had bad dreams since.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Age and treachery everytime. I have no desire to go toe to toe anymore. Too old for that shit, too out of shape. If it comes down to it, I just want to put the hurt on you as quickly and as violently as possible and be done with it. I'll even patch you up afterward if you decide you want to be a reasonable human being. And if I know you're coming, I'm not above ambushing your ass if I know you can take me. I loved the line in Grown Ups; "I have about 8 seconds of fighting left in me. I want to save it for something good."

·
Registered
245 Posts
Been in many many many fights. Grew up in an unsavory part of NC. Gotta' say, I've used any and all weapons I had available. Fighting's not about pride, it's about survival. I didn't feel good when I had a mouth full of ankle or a hand full of scrotum. Didn't feel bad when I broke a red brick over a head to win either. Getting hit hurts. If I hit you with something heavy and hard enough you don't get to hit me back. That's how I see it but maybe I'm an ass.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
God I can't even recall how many fights I've been in growing up near atlanta. My mom had the good sense to enroll me in a reputable martial arts school instead of daycare or after school basketball. Glad to say I never had much trouble being bullied but some school administrators DID take issue with A: stabbing other students with pencils, B: sudden jump kicks to the back of the head C: ambushing people with ball bats

I recall being taken aside by an admin once during middle school and he told me I couldn't be doing this stuff to other students. My response was "I can, I will, and until you do your job and put a leash on these maggots I will only go bigger and better every time." He tries to expel me, so my mom called the local police and had a little sting set up outside school. Turns out that day the admin's own son approached me to try his bullying but ended up with five cops putting their knees on his neck. Kid was taken to jail for having a baggie of rock in his pocket (Middle schoolers do rock?!) and the admin had to stfu.

I'll say this to anyone reading: ALWAYS STAND YOUR GROUND AND NEVER, EVER EVEN THINK OF BACKING DOWN. The only reason you will ever fall behind in this world is if you choose to let people disrespect you. In places like Atlanta the populace is made up of almost entirely ignoble animals with no concept of decency. You have to treat them like dogs, and when a dog acts bad you have to roll up the paper and whip that ass Sad but true.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Problem most people have trained or not is the invisible moral code most normal people religous or otherwise have where criminals dont

·
Registered
245 Posts
There are no rules when it comes to defending yourself or your family. Walk softly and carry a big stick. or baton. or knife. or gun.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Krav Maga some of the best arts I've seen in a while. All I have to say if any of these thugs think they coming in my area and taking or hurting anyone or anything in my group are getting straight F'ed up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is something I wrote a few months ago. It is a bit long for a post but it may be worth reading.

THE CHRISTIAN AND SELF DEFENSE

Jesus instructed us in the Sermon on the Mount to be kind to our enemies. What enemies was He talking about? It seems that He is talking about people who hate us for our faith. The word “persecution” is used.

The dictionary definition for persecute is:

“To pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religion, race, or beliefs; harass persistently.”

For the sake of the gospel it seems God desires that we bear up under this treatment as we pray for the oppressor rather than retaliate.

Jesus says in Matthew 5:39 “I tell you not to resist an evil person”. The examples He gave in the subsequent verses were 1) being slapped, 2) being sued, and 3) being asked to lend money.

However, if we find ourselves facing a threat of immediate death from a common criminal, is retaliation as self defense appropriate? The Apostle Paul instructs us in Romans 12:18 “If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.”

I cannot recall anywhere in the new testament where Jesus either allows or instructs us as believers to kill another human being. But, in the Old Testament, on several occasions the Israelites were instructed to attack cities and kill every man, woman, and child, even babies, along with all the animals. King Saul even lost his kingship for failing to carry out one of these assignments completely. The enemy king he spared was ultimately hacked to death by the prophet Samuel to complete God’s will.

Jesus instructed the Apostles to buy some swords, but then rebuked Peter for using his just a few hours later even though it set up the conditions for Jesus’ final healing miracle. The Apostles may have traveled with these weapons to protect themselves against highway men, but there is no indication that they were used to defend against religious persecution. Steven was stoned without putting up any resistance. Paul followed that example with his own stonings, though he managed to survive them.

Roman roads were of high quality and were also patrolled by Roman soldiers. In spite of that, the Good Samaritan came to the aid of a Jewish man left for dead by highwaymen. This victim was either overpowered, unarmed, or poorly trained.

We are told that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but the differences between the old and New Testament are sometimes difficult to resolve.

My personal conclusion is that in life threatening situations against common criminals a Christian may use lethal force.

If a vicious criminal chooses to pass you on the street, by all means return the favor, and let the police deal with him. However, if you are in a fight for your life, fight! The decision on how you will handle a serious encounter must be made in advance. You will not have time to puzzle this out on the fly. Double mindedness on the subject of self defense does not lead to victory or survival.

You may wonder what qualifies me to speak on this subject. My career is in the security industry. The customers who come to me are often people who have been burglarized, beaten, raped, stabbed, or shot. My security devices are intended to prevent or reduce the chances of such things ever happening again. I routinely get stories and reports from my customers regarding how the devices performed under actual conditions. I receive statistics and case histories from many sources describing the threats we face. I am immersed in this subject. I learn what I can about all valid defensive measures. What I have learned I pass on to you.

We all have the free will to do evil. Can we always presume that God will infringe on our attacker’s free will in order to protect us?

At dusk on a Wednesday evening in May of 83 we drove up the driveway of our home, and upon entering we thought we heard something. As we went upstairs to the main floor we noticed that the kitchen door was open although nobody seemed to be in the house. I went up the spiral stairs to the bedroom to find a scene of destruction. Drawers were dumped on the floor. Our bi-fold closet doors were smashed. The mattress was flipped off the bed. We had been burglarized by someone who had some skill at it. They got all the jewelry, and some money. They dumped their loot, including the jewelry box, into a pillow case they took off the bed.
Statistics show that half of all burglars are armed. I know that many more become armed during the crime. It is stupid to put anything of value under your mattress because a competent burglar always checks there. I didn’t know that back then so that is why they departed with my loaded Beretta automatic pistol. One gets a sick feeling looking through the aftermath of a burglary. In the back of our minds we all hope that a guardian angel is assigned to protect us and our stuff. It is unsettling when that does not seem to be the case. We were not at a ball game or movie that night. We were at Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting. How could this happen? Perhaps we were mightily blessed. If we had stayed home that night we might have experienced a home invasion instead of a burglary. Burglars are not looking for a confrontation. They are timid people compared to home invaders. Home invaders are prepared to take you on and take more than just your stuff.

One hot summer day a few years later my wife and two young kids were splashing and paddling around in our above ground pool. Our pool is cut into a hill side so that the terrain drops off steeply toward the east which could allow somebody to approach without being seen. Suddenly, as I glanced toward the east I saw this huge man leaning on the edge of our pool, staring at us. He looked like a typical NFL lineman. In a booming voice he said, “Do you remember me? I’m here to pay you back.” My mind was racing. Pay me back for what? I couldn’t remember doing anything to anybody that I needed to be paid back for. I noticed that my body had developed a bit of a shake and my legs were turning to rubber. He continued, “Don’t you remember? A few months ago at the gas station you loaned me five bucks for gas. I said I would pay you back, and you gave me your address.” I replied, “Oh, I completely forgot about that. You don’t need to pay me back. Just keep it.” The man said thank you and left. He was merely a really nice guy, keeping his word. But suppose he was not a nice guy. How much trouble could we have been in? What power did I have to take control a bad situation? The answer was none. We were unprepared to do anything but submit to all demands made by an evil intruder.

I have done a lot of thinking and planning since that day. Our house is quite vulnerable, and there is nothing I can do to harden the structure. Numerous doors and windows are floor to ceiling glass. We like all the light, and don’t feel like living in a dungeon, but one tap with a brick allows any intruder to step into our home with no hindrance whatsoever. We live on an isolated three acres right up against the borough where any crazed dirt bag towney can walk here to have a go at us. I recognize that we are at higher risk than the typical home owner. I am an imaginative, inventive fellow and I have made several provisions to even the odds. I stay sharp and alert by assuming that a Home Invasion encounter is inevitable even though it probably is not.

Most people do not want to think about these things. Therefore they give no thought to planning. It is good to have a plan. Even if you choose not to implement it, you at least have the option. God willing you will never need it.

Here are some of my thoughts on the matter of self defense:

Submission is not a plan. Submission is what you have left when you have no plan.

Submission emboldens an attacker to do more to you than he may have originally intended.

Getting killed is not the worst thing that can happen to you.

Nothing offers better protection than a gun, but a gun out of reach is worthless.

Self defense is a misnomer. With strictly defensive moves you will lose. A counter attack is essential.

When defending yourself, you cannot restrict yourself to fighting “fair”. It is not fair that you are being attacked in the first place.

In responding to an attack one must get the attacker to stop thinking about you and start thinking about something else like hospital emergency rooms and how he wishes he was in one.

When defending yourself against a more powerful attacker you must use tactics that deliver the most injury with the least demand for strength, coordination and stamina.

An out of condition victim, like most of us, must win within the first 30 seconds. Beyond that we will be too exhausted to do anything.

There are moves that will accomplish these goals. You will never see these moves on Ultimate Fighter Championship since they are against the rules and potentially lethal. There are many rules in the UFC. UFC is a close combat competition in which no one is supposed to suffer serious injury. The contestants bang away at each other for fifteen minutes, and at the final bell they usually both exit the octagon under their own power to fight again. The conclusion we must reach is that all the moves they use are ineffective in a life and death close combat situation. The fights are really examples of what not to do in a life and death struggle. The moves that really work are things that anyone can learn in about five minutes, but bear in mind that these tactics will not make you invincible nor guarantee victory. They will merely give you a fighting chance against a superior opponent.

As I said before, a home invader is after more than your stuff. He may kill you or worse.

If you ever find your self facing a home invader there are two assumptions you can make:
1. You are not his first victim.
2. Unless you prevail, you will not be his last.
Conclusion: Your responsibility to yourself and your fellow citizens is to win!

For those who do not like guns there is a nonlethal weapon that can stop an attacker at a range up to 20 feet almost as good as a gun. You can buy two of these at Lowe’s for under $20. The item is Wasp and Hornet Spray, the kind that shoots out to 20 feet. Spray paint the second can to match your bedroom décor and keep it on your night stand. If someone is ever coming after you, empty it into his face. He will think of emergency rooms immediately. You may be wondering about the first can. Use it for target practice. burglarbomb.com

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wasp Spray! Ouch! I bet that would burn like hell. I have a couple of cans of bear mace but that would be alot cheaper and easier to find. Thanks Jeff that was very good read.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have just attended Jim Wagners Knife Survival course very good.Jim is from the US and has a no B/S approch to teaching and runs lots of different courses cant recommend him enough for those who want to learn simple no b/s methods of self proctection ::redsnipe::

·
Registered
7 Posts
ROTAC said:
Have just attended Jim Wagners Knife Survival course very good.Jim is from the US and has a no B/S approch to teaching and runs lots of different courses cant recommend him enough for those who want to learn simple no b/s methods of self proctection ::redsnipe::
Can you give me some details of the class? I'm looking for knife fighting training so I can be more lethal to something besides a steak and baked potato.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
The Army teaches you Comparatives , they give you a bayonet, they may give you a 9mm infantry they give you grenades and you better hope you never need any of them. If you do you made your first big mistake and allowed others to get to close.

Reactions: SSGT

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I worked as a Bouncer at a Latin Night Club in SoCal near the mexican border for 5 years, most of our patrons were from across the border. Had more than my share of fights and breaking up brawls. Not something I look forward to doing and avoid like the plague! Even when your good at it, its way to easy to get hurt and hurt seriously. As such I didnt play around if it got physically confrontational. I used any means available to make sure I ended up with the big end of the stick. If that ment using a can of Mk IV pepper spray, a 6 D cell mag light, beer bottle, or my gun, it was a done deal! I never under estimated an opponent either, some folks will really surprise you on their speed and ability to take a lot of punishment others wouldnt hold up to for a second. And dont be surprised if the other guy produces a weapon in the middle of it either when they start coming up on the loosing side of it. I had a knife pulled on me in the middle of a confrontation a few times and thats about as scary as it gets, trust me.

My advice is if you can walk away, then do so! If you cant then you need to be ready to do what ever it takes to walk away when the dust settles. When it comes to having to fight there is no low I wont stoop to in order to win it and win it as fast as possible. Two grown men slugging it out aint no joke!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Wasp Spray! Ouch! I bet that would burn like hell.
Wasp Spray is not a pepper based agent. It's a nerve agent. So... do what you want or need to in a SHTF situation. But if you use it during peacetime... and he survives but has permanent damage, you could find yourself being sued. So... after you wasp spray him... convince yourself he is still a threat and put a bullet through his head so he can't sue you. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wasp Spray is not a pepper based agent. It's a nerve agent. So... do what you want or need to in a SHTF situation. But if you use it during peacetime... and he survives but has permanent damage, you could find yourself being sued. So... after you wasp spray him... convince yourself he is still a threat and put a bullet through his head so he can't sue you. :)
BAD advice! You wouldn't get sued by him--but you would end up spending a LONG time in jail and lose your right to EVER own a firearm again! I suggest you spend some time and learn the self defense laws in your state! And the police are NOT stupid! The forensic evidence will convict your butt, for sure!!!:-o

·
Registered
481 Posts
God I can't even recall how many fights I've been in growing up near atlanta. My mom had the good sense to enroll me in a reputable martial arts school instead of daycare or after school basketball. Glad to say I never had much trouble being bullied but some school administrators DID take issue with A: stabbing other students with pencils, B: sudden jump kicks to the back of the head C: ambushing people with ball bats
We will be starting my son in martial arts when he's 3. LOL. We joke he'll be mastering Brazilian jiu-jitsu by 2nd grade. LOL.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts