Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the exercises might have helped, or the added pressure of the "yearly Requlifications", or the fact that I told the fiance that "that new .40 caliber is much more powerful" than what she was familiar with, probably all of the above, but I know she shot 6 full magazines out of the XD40 Subcompact with any Failures. I then had her run three magazines of 15 each in my Taurus 9mm. without a failure. I feel so relieved I dont have to buy another gun....No I do...
We were driving to a family event and found a safe backstop to "let her rip" and now that I feel she can use it, we will have some serious, no kids in the truck, paper targets with measurements and "SHADE" to get her "ready".
I love the Spingfield XD40 Subcompact. just saying...

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, she was so happy. Seeing her happy is worth it.
She is flinching a little, I think me telling her that the .40 was "a lot more powerful than her 9" has a lot to do with it..Im sure that after she cleans out a few hundred rounds, she will be righht on target. It was very imprompto, no target, shooting at a cowpatties so she was either way over or under, I feel confident she will aquire the proper sight picture. Now, she has decided she will "also" get her conceiled carry permit. Im all for it. I swear, that woman loves firearms as much as I do.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't have near as much experience with handguns as I do rifles, and I'm still intimidated every time I go to shoot a new (larger) caliber, I have a very long way to go but am slowly getting there lol I shot my grandpa's old Ruger Blackhawk 7 1/2 in. barrel in a .30 Carbine a couple months ago, I was almost shaking I was so unsure of it. But it was incredibly manageable, much less recoil than I thought. And pretty accurate at the 25 yards I was shooting it at, I had about a 2 inch grouping (which is great for me) with the six shots. My lesson that day: don't be so easily intimidated, but still have a healthy respect lol

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Avengers- thats awesome, I love to shoot "a new caliber", like you stated, the anticpation, the fear, the respect. And the fact that you were shooting a "grandpa gun" must have made it that much more special..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.