Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the exercises might have helped, or the added pressure of the "yearly Requlifications", or the fact that I told the fiance that "that new .40 caliber is much more powerful" than what she was familiar with, probably all of the above, but I know she shot 6 full magazines out of the XD40 Subcompact with any Failures. I then had her run three magazines of 15 each in my Taurus 9mm. without a failure. I feel so relieved I dont have to buy another gun....No I do...
We were driving to a family event and found a safe backstop to "let her rip" and now that I feel she can use it, we will have some serious, no kids in the truck, paper targets with measurements and "SHADE" to get her "ready".
I love the Spingfield XD40 Subcompact. just saying...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
As I recall you were having feed problems when she shot, yes it sounded like limp wristing and I'm glad she finally manned up.

hehe

Reactions: longrider

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, she was so happy. Seeing her happy is worth it.
She is flinching a little, I think me telling her that the .40 was "a lot more powerful than her 9" has a lot to do with it..Im sure that after she cleans out a few hundred rounds, she will be righht on target. It was very imprompto, no target, shooting at a cowpatties so she was either way over or under, I feel confident she will aquire the proper sight picture. Now, she has decided she will "also" get her conceiled carry permit. Im all for it. I swear, that woman loves firearms as much as I do.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't have near as much experience with handguns as I do rifles, and I'm still intimidated every time I go to shoot a new (larger) caliber, I have a very long way to go but am slowly getting there lol I shot my grandpa's old Ruger Blackhawk 7 1/2 in. barrel in a .30 Carbine a couple months ago, I was almost shaking I was so unsure of it. But it was incredibly manageable, much less recoil than I thought. And pretty accurate at the 25 yards I was shooting it at, I had about a 2 inch grouping (which is great for me) with the six shots. My lesson that day: don't be so easily intimidated, but still have a healthy respect lol

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Avengers- thats awesome, I love to shoot "a new caliber", like you stated, the anticpation, the fear, the respect. And the fact that you were shooting a "grandpa gun" must have made it that much more special..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh it was! He gifted me his M1 Carbine for my 21st birthday, he bought it brand new right after returning home after 12 months in Vietnam in 1972. No words can explain how it felt for me to shoot those two guns together, it definitely wet my eyes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts