Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like (if this release is legit) the .fedgov is telling .stategov to withhold any November EBT until further notice. No doubt it is just fear mongering and stirring up their voting base.

IMHO the 'test runs' were most likely scare tactics (either planned or luckily coincidental) and this is just the icing on the cake to cause a major uproar.

Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent? | Zero Hedge

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I sure hope so!! Maybe people will wake up and realize the ride is over... It's about the same time they are plannin on having the power outage 'drill"..

Looks like some will be getting some "target practice" pretty soon..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
gee i can buy something at walmart without waiting on the two part shoppers. You know the ones ebt for groceries and a big wad of cash for booze and cigarettes and they can only unload their cart with one hand because the other ones sore from their new tattoo.
Lol!

Just up the road from Walmart in Myrtle Beach is a place that RENTS big flashy car wheels! "Rent To Cruise". Cracks me up every time I see the place. :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so 'we need something to help those who can't help themselves' ok, fine. You people think I'm heartless... So here is my suggestion for SNAP (since getting rid of it completely would be sooooo mean and race-is) we go to a WIC like list of approved foods - including rice and beans, and then require the dad's to pay support or report for work duty so they can earn money to pay support. /rant

The thing that ****es me off the most about this whole ordeal is when I goto the store and the family in front of me is checking out - pays with EBT, then peel off from a fat wad of cash for other items - ... yeah ok... bad but the REAL kicker is they are a family, but are almost always unmarried so the 'wife' can be a single mom and get more/better benefits.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I just came here to post about this. Am I the only one thinking this could get really serious? What is it, 50 million people on food stamps now? And when the first of the month rolls in, I'm betting a vast majority are about out of food waiting for the next deposit. What happens when that deposit doesn't come? Scary.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ok, so 'we need something to help those who can't help themselves' ok, fine. You people think I'm heartless... So here is my suggestion for SNAP (since getting rid of it completely would be sooooo mean and race-is) we go to a WIC like list of approved foods - including rice and beans, and then require the dad's to pay support or report for work duty so they can earn money to pay support. /rant

The thing that ****es me off the most about this whole ordeal is when I goto the store and the family in front of me is checking out - pays with EBT, then peel off from a fat wad of cash for other items - ... yeah ok... bad but the REAL kicker is they are a family, but are almost always unmarried so the 'wife' can be a single mom and get more/better benefits.
I know what ya mean.. I will go to the grocery store and the person in front of me is buying steamed shrimp or crab legs,steak,bags of candy for their cherdren and then tons of soda and chips and junk food.. It is all I can do not to take out my .45 and put 2 into them!! They will pay for the 'food' with their ebt card and then pay with WADS of cash for the cigarettes,alcohol and whatever else the ebt doesn't cover.. Then they will go outside to their Cadillac Escalade with all of their gold around their necks and in their mouths.. As they walk in their $200 sneakers. I'm sure they go home to a 60 in or larger television as they live in government housing..

I will be the first to say. Those are the people that I personally feel should be killed just for milking society.. Then, the people that think peope like that should be allowed to mooch off of us.. Hell, let them die a nice horrible death too... When the **** are Americans going to wake up and realize what a shithole we are living in.. The sad part is, it is the BEST shithole on planet!!!

I am all for people that need help!! I will help and do help out people on a regular basis. It is just that SOME people rely on government help FOR A LIVING!! I say "**** THEM AND LET THEM ROT IN THEIR OWN MISERY!!" I don't work 60-100 hours a week to pay taxes for some piece of SHIT to pop out babies and make MORE money off of me!!

Personally, I hope the thread where the EBT cards are supposed to be shut down for the month of November is TRUE!!! Granted, there will be some that TRULY rely on help and those people I'm sure will be helped by friends,family and neighbors..The rest will just go a month without all of the junk food and steak/seafood they THINK they are entitled to and show theGovernment(hopefully) they don't really need it..

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Wow! You think they panicked last weekend, just wait for this one... and right before Thanksgiving and Christmas. This man must be possessed.

Obama, "make it hurt, make it hurt BAD"! It's Bush's fault.

Reactions: BigCheeseStick

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well more data - even if they don't shut them down - they are getting reduced. Evidently the ARRA increased payments for the past few years and it is now running out.

Not as nice as shutting them down, but every little bit helps, and this decrease is guaranteed. (unless they pass another spending bill which would be pretty much impossible...)

http://www.dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/food-stamps-reduced-131101.htm

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Screw her and her kids.. She says "Somebody needs to be held accountable'.. You bet your ass,, SHE needs to be held accountable!!! She is a waste of skin!! There has been people that has been paying $800 a month for her rent and she EXPECTS it! I used to live int he area and remember that case.. She EXPECTS people to pay for HER children.. Ever her family is tired of her shit.. The best thing for them all is for them to fall asleep with a car running in the garage!! I just wish the mother would die a slow and painful death!!! I mean come on, 15 kids and 12 living with her.. And can't even ****ing pay for ANY of them!! Where does it end???????????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts