Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a nice 28 in that just couldn't pass up...Since it is the last day or hunting season here..Now I'll have to go get a doe this afternoon and be set. Plus I have several deer that some friends from Florida came to get and I got the meat out of them too.. Our freezers will be FULL of venison and elk this year. Not to mention the duck,pheasant and grouse..

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Wood

·
Registered
904 Posts
Great buck. I'm glad you were able to fill your tag. There is something so satisfying about having a freezer full of meat and a full and well stacked firewood pile. I really enjoy getting those two "chores" done in the early fall so I can spend more time just tromping around the woods or hunting as winter comes on.

·
Registered
855 Posts
That's a great buck you should be happy with him. I haven't shot anything yet and this is the last week of rifle season. As luck would have it though the ranger up at the local Boy Scout camp offered to have me and my buddy come up and help him fill his 7 doe tags (Nuisance permits) so hopefully this week will see some venison in my freezer and then it's back up to camp to try and put some rabbit meat in there too. Money's tight this year so any game meat I can put in the freezer will really help lighten my load, ideally I'd like to make it through the winter eating only wild game. Guess I'll need to start hunting Turkey's in the spring too.

-Infidel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts