Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a litter of rabbits born today. They are doing well and very active for being 6 hours old. Will keep the best female and butcher the rest.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Our kid rabbits found a crack into the guinea pig pen, and most of the guinea pigs couldn't tell they were amongst them, and sure enough the baby rabbits would sneak up to the food and clean it out and then go all ninja back through the unsuspecting crowd but they had full bellies so they couldn't get back out. It was funny.

·
Registered
105 Posts
:lol: thats amusing leon!

thats great about the new babies :) never gets old. i've had mine almost a year now and i get excited for each litter still. same for any animal birthing.
what breed(s) do you have?

·
Super Moderator
9,717 Posts
View attachment 1391

Updated picture - they are almost 3 weeks old.
They look both cute AND delicious!

When I was a kid my Dad raised Netherland dwarf's. He had a few others I can't remember. Our German neighbor made us up so really good rabbit goulash a few times. I remember under the pens he also had his worm farm. Guess my Dad was a prepper and didn't even know it.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think rabbits are the perfect prepper livestock. the are quit and easy to hid, eat vegetation you pull up as weeds or food scraps and multiple like Rabbits. very easy care so anyone can do it
LOL!

Had a few too many tonight?? Same way I type when hitting the Jameson's!:wink:

Reactions: A Watchman

·
Registered
11,937 Posts
Need to get back into the rabbits ..... easy to raise. Years ago started with 6 and a couple years later had a barn full. A typical 28 -32 day gestation cycle with several to a litter will fill a freeze with 7-8 week old fryers real quick.

Not to mention, they are kinda cute.

But remember, unless you like to witness castration, always put the female in the buck's cage for breeding and not the other way around.

·
Registered
863 Posts
How to make Easter Eggs...

Now that the bunnies are multiplying.... and that you also have chickens.....you can make Easter Eggs!!

eastereggs.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts