Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - moving towards retirement clinical pharmacist who has spent 20+ years as director of a statewide poison control center and toxicology lab director.

Part of the poison center job was that poison centers are being absorbed into the national preparedness community. I've had extensive (really, more than I wanted) training in treating biological casualties (webinars and a visit to Ft. Detrick for so personal instruction), chem casualty treatment (on-site at edgewood arsenal - including animal labs on nerve agents), a week at the Center for Domestic Preparedness in training for terrorist attack training plus national response system (including a session in chambers which had half the "immediately dangerous to life and health" concentrations of Sarin, and half the IDLH of VX nerve agents - to give us confidence in our equipment"), participation in preps for the H1N1 epidemic, yadda, yadda; not to mention training in threats to agriculture and the food supply, radiation training at Oak Ridge for a week - they have their very own nuclear reactor, and can make short-lived radioisotopes for live training), and the advanced radiation operator training which made me eligible for a trip to Nevada and the real-thing nuclear operator training (Never went - didn't want to visit the nuclear testing range - may be getting too old for this stuff).

Have also been part of education about improvised chem and bio weapons (I could tell you, but then... well... you know).

And then... epidemiology, from the 1918 flu to the H7N9 which could be a civilization disruptor if it gets out... mass fatality training and all.

Not only that, can touch my tongue to my nose, wiggle my ears, and claim a (remote) 3-year background as an Army Counterintelligence Special Agent.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
welcome from Florida

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.