Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Gin. My husband and I are new to the prepper game but are very motivated to get things in order. We are currently in NC however are looking to sell our property in order to purchase a perfect spot to continue our preparations. Look forward to learning all I can from this forum and the individuals that share their experiences/tips/ideas here. :-D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Gin - Welcome guys. Glad to have you join the group. We don’t have many declared couples. It’s always nice when you have someone who is in synch with your goals and can share in the efforts and accomplishments. We hope to hear more from you both.

Wow, relocating to facilitate your prepping efforts says you’re pretty committed. It’s great that you have the option to do that. Do you have specific criteria in mind (be’n nosey here, but many people don’t have that type of thing figured out) or will you just know the right location when you see it?

Best of luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gin - Welcome guys. Glad to have you join the group. We don't have many declared couples. It's always nice when you have someone who is in synch with your goals and can share in the efforts and accomplishments. We hope to hear more from you both.

Wow, relocating to facilitate your prepping efforts says you're pretty committed. It's great that you have the option to do that. Do you have specific criteria in mind (be'n nosey here, but many people don't have that type of thing figured out) or will you just know the right location when you see it?

Best of luck.
We are still searching for that ideal spot but havnt come upon a good opportunity as of yet. We're looking for something as remote as possible consisting of atleast 5 acres. No specific state has been chosen however mid to north west US is the region we prefer. Would have to have water source nearby or atleast able to drill a well on. And area large enough for a small garden. We have a few ideas as to how we would develop this property into our "fortress" once purchased but we are open to adapting to any situation that may cause us to modify plans a bit. Our basic goal, as it is for many here, is security and survival.
As for us being a couple with the same goals.....The subject of prepping really never came to either of our minds until we got together almost 2 years ago. Growing up thousands of miles apart, with totally different up bringings, it amazes even me that we are on the same page about this yet I am so happy that we are.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome gin and pete, It is great to prep as a couple. My wife really got on board about two years ago when she started couponing and when she went to the range.

May God bless your relocation efforts.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
let me know if you pass on anything b/c I would probably like to see it as well. PM me if you need my contact info, I am looking as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
let me know if you pass on anything b/c I would probably like to see it as well. PM me if you need my contact info, I am looking as well.
I have reluctantly passed on quite a few opportunities simply because they are out of my price range although there were some AWESOME deals. If i could afford 40-50 even 100 acres or more at a time I would have absolutely went for it. Anything in particular you looking for? I will be sure to pass on anything I think you might be interested in.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I have reluctantly passed on quite a few opportunities simply because they are out of my price range although there were some AWESOME deals. If i could afford 40-50 even 100 acres or more at a time I would have absolutely went for it. Anything in particular you looking for? I will be sure to pass on anything I think you might be interested in.
Yeah looking for between 8-25 acres preferably with small home or existing sturdy structure to modify.

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I have visited North Carolina and there are beautiful parts of your state.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts