Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Preppers,

"Better to be the big fish, than the guppie....." is a motto that I like to use when prepping.

I have just started prepping within the last few months and have set aside a portion of my budget to procure the items for my bug out bag, my BOL, and anything extra that I may or may not need or can barter with.

My question is this...

I am comfortable with my food/water procurement for now, but i am concerned about my BOL. I have a small trailer that is in storage and not located in a campground. I do now that some people will allow you to use their land in lieu of labour or whatever, but the problem is finding people like that. I don't plan on bugging out unless I have too, but what other options do I have? Things are a little different here in Canada and I do know of some groups/preppers here but nothing solid.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You may be able to find a few acres for under $10K. There are always a couple deals like that here in the states. Great idea, setting aside a portion of your income. Some people go nuts and end up creating a financial catastrophe. Here is a link to 50 acres for $20K and here is a link to an older article on BOLs that had a link to 22 acres for $11K. It is probably sold as it was a good deal and was listed some time ago.
Not bugging out unless you have to is another great idea! You are so much better off in a known environment than getting out amongst the zombies unless you have to evacuate or things are really bad where you are.
Have a blessed day!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the kudos. I understand that purchasing a plot of land is the way to go, but I am not in a position to do so. The economy, the reason why I cannot purchase a plot of land is the main reason why I am prepping. These are problems of the world, not just one country. I see the same thing happening here as in Europe and it concerns me greatly. Plus with "Prepping" becoming mainstream all of a sudden, means that there must be some truth to all of this.

Are there any preppers from Canada on here? Interested in meeting and some back and forth?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts