Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all!

Anyone else from BR on here? I saw some NOLA folks...hi!

I don't know what to tell you about myself. I'm not in hiding and I'm doing as much prep as I can. Even if the droughts and the economy don't get us, we have plenty of hurricanes down here and often go without power so I'm doing what I can while I can.

I'd love to meet others who are focused on food preservation. I have a dehydrator and a pressure canner and I SUCK at both of them. Would love to get to know someone who is proficient and can answer my ignorant questions. (Yes, I've read all the books and watched lots of YouTubes.) I still have questions.

Glad to be here!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome Robin, Sorry, I can't help with canning questions. I just canned my first batch of green beans last season. It went well considering I did no research. I found out several things to do different next time, like add a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of lemon juice before adding the beans. I heard to leave 1" at the top for vegetables and soups and 1/4" for jellies and relishes. That is the extent of my canning knowledge. There is a good site on food preservation, it is called Paratus Familia Blog. Happy prepping!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and hello! I left that much space but i had the water line just above the veggies. I think I should have put a little less veggies and more water. I'm going to the produce market again to buy more corn (it's cheap to experiment with) and try again. I'm going to figure this out come heck or high water! LOL

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
AA-EE! I used to live in Houma when I was a kid. Love that joint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts