Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started reading a few SHTF books on kindle and have sort of woken up to the simple fact that 99.99% of people dont have a single clue how to live without.

My old man is a very practical guy and an avid camper and traveller so have followed in his footsteps but put more of a prepper angle into my thought process.

Current BOV is a xr 250 trail bike. kick start air cooled. have fitted touring tank (doubled fuel capacity) and luggage rack. so should be able to get to old mans place and from there we can bug out or bunker down.

Micro sleeping bag, wet weather gear, drinking water, fire starting gear, basic tools and freeze dried meals live in backpack mounted to the bike.

Australian laws pretty much make it impossible to have firearms or even hunting gear so would have to really take it right back to caveman ethos, big stick with a pointy end.

Just interested in how other people view the world and looking to pick up hints or tips.

later...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome Bunter, what about crossbows and compound bows in Australian laws? Sounds like you are in pretty good shape except for the stick.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome! Glad you found us and joined. I was fortunate to spend a week in Sydney on my way home from VietNam. Very beautiful city and very friendly people.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Compound bows are allowed but price point is just cruel.

Crossbows are not allowed.

Madmax would be pretty close to real life.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Too bad. I guess flare guns are legal but you wouldn't want to discharge that in your house. What book are you reading?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flare gun would not be something i would ever choose to use as an aggressive weapon. Talk about asking everyone and thing to come have a look.

Book wise its pretty much anything that kindle recommends that is less than $5 and more than 300 pages. I will have to update with a list when i have my kindle back infront of me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello from cold north country. Been prepping long before prepping was popular. Always prided myself on being prepared. Guess its a holdover from my Boy Scout days. I only hope we never have to use our prepping abilities, but if we do, we need to do it right because if the SHTF it won't be prepping, it will be real.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: usav8er

·
Administrator
14,911 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I spent a few days in Sydney in 1970.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome...i grew up in australia and left permanently a year ago for the US. Prepping in Aus is difficult with the prices and importing even everyday stuff is risky when customs loves seizing stuff.

I had guns for a while but the follow bans kicked me in the ditch.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Compound bows are allowed but price point is just cruel.

Crossbows are not allowed.

Madmax would be pretty close to real life.
I'm guessing recurves are in too than. Sad to be so nuetered from defending yourself. I guess if I was there I'd have a nice Horton and probably a sword to boot that I'd practice with constantly. Almost like a modern middle ages in a way. Break out the armor.

Welcome 123bunter321. Of course I'm a newbie myself.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas. Glad to have you here with us. Hope to see you around and see you often!

Great to have another member from the Land Down Under! Great place it is! You will have to tell us more about that bike. It sounds very interesting. Hope you will tell us more and provide a few pics to go with the story behind it! Should make for a great read.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts