Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HEY FELLOW PREPPERS

So first off I am new to the whole prepping idea and have a lot to learn with that being said I think its crucial to get a couple ideas from yall about ideal and reasonably priced Bug Out Gear and best places to go.

I am Matt, married with 2 kids, I am 24 and my wife (Ashlee) is 25.

Career: Imlay City Ford Sales and Leasing

BOL: Start with nice drive to U.P. of Michigan, gather more sources before heading to Canada, than survive off of wild life, while using limited resources we gathered, all while treking my way to Northern Canada (cold i feel will help keep other a**holes away and hopefully meet like minded preppers.

BOV: 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe (FBI/GOV) vehicle (pics under BOV Section on page 12)

Hoping to meet some like minded Preppers with kids (people with kids understand that traveling needs to be a tad slower) from my area and hopefully can bounce off each other. I do have resources of food, vehicles, and farm land up north for temp shelter.

Thanks for letting me share, idk what i was supposed to put in here besides a lil hello statement.

Take care and CHIVE ON!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina! We lived in Lake Orion for 15 years. Bailed 4 years ago when things got to the point that EVERY street in town had 2-4 abandon houses on it.

I'd loose the heading to Canada plan. If SHTF and it's anything on a national scale. They'll be closing border stations pretty quickly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BigCheeseStick

I'd have to agree with ya, thanks for the incite. I'm still prone to wanting to travel north further from the city, I do however love VA and wouldnt mind living in the mountains there, but I feel its too close to WASHINGTON and any outbreak or outrage will derive from the cities that get impacted the most from the capitals decisions. Also to close to the shore line for my good, any coastal attack from any enemy is certain to head straight for our arteries and thats obviously the capital city. So I'd be more inclined to go to Iowa or Dakota...who the hell lives in those states anyways! lol

Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave,

W. VA is the a beautiful state my man, new river gourge would be a great place to BOL.

·
Administrator
14,701 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
Something to think about - you told us your name, where you work, what your wife's name is, where you live. You don't really want to do that.
I would humbly suggest you go back, use the EDIT feature and remove the business name. The city and other info is more generic and harmless.
It's basic military stuff - OPSEC. Operational Security.
There just may be criminals lurking on forums such as this.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hello from KY.

Drove up to N. MI and the U P a few years ago what a beautiful area!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ricepaddydaddy thanks for the suggestion, the info I gave was typical phone book info. If the info I gave you was harmful, than that means the person who owns this forum knows my email info which has more personal info on it than what I posted. Plus anyone could drive down a block google an address and it would give me home owners name, phone number and listed info of who owns the home as well as work info. I get what your saying, and i will prolly edit that out anyways but regardless lots of our info is just at our finger tips.

Thanks KY and Mississippi, and thanks RICEPADDYDADDY

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Imlay City! I hadn't even seen that before. Hows the pickle crop smelling this time a year? LOL! I used to get called into the Vlasic plant a couple times a year to rebuild their equipment for them. The smell when you'd get out of your car would take your breath away for a minute. :D :D

The thing I miss most of all of MI is Williams Gun Sights gun shop on 69. BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD if your looking to pick up a great deal on a used gun, and they usually beat everybody else's prices in the state on new ones.

Heard you guys got a decent storm recently. Our friends in Lake Orion had a tree go down and they've been without power for two or three days now.

·
Administrator
14,701 Posts
I guess it's a generational thing, Matt. I'm 65, you're 24.
And I just don't trust people.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Nevada, and ricepaddydaddy it probably is. The cool thing though is that we can obviously see that all generations are PREPPING :)

Yea we did get hit with some big storms, I was out of power for 2 days, lucky for me after our last storm I broke down and financed a decent generator, bad thing is i forgot to hook my garage up to it so my deep freeze was dethawing...lol i remembered last min to run an extension cord.

But lake orion should have their power back by now. HOPEFULLY :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Thanks Nevada, and ricepaddydaddy it probably is. The cool thing though is that we can obviously see that all generations are PREPPING :)

Yea we did get hit with some big storms, I was out of power for 2 days, lucky for me after our last storm I broke down and financed a decent generator, bad thing is i forgot to hook my garage up to it so my deep freeze was dethawing...lol i remembered last min to run an extension cord.

But lake orion should have their power back by now. HOPEFULLY :)
Bummer you didn't make the 3 day mark! Years ago when MI got hit with the giant ice storm (what was it... 8 years now?), we lost power for a week. A tree fell on the side of our house and damaged the siding and deck. When the insurance adjuster came out she told us anytime you loose power for more than three days they will cover the purchase of a generator AND EVEN ALL THE FUEL YOU USE IN IT! O.O I about pooped my pants! Sure enough, I showed her the reciept for the generator we'd bought and she wrote a check for it and the damage on the spot!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RBARRET98- I did dealership sales training at the chevy dealer in howell, nice little area from what i remember
SENECA- field of dreams :) lol lots of BOL there...kinda jealous that you dont have all the hectic city problems we do in detroit

@bigcheese yea we didnt make it that far, for as much as I pay in home owners insurance you would think that would be a split fee covered by DTE and the Insurance company. Idk why they would do that though lol

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Welcome from the UP!....to gods country.leave your firearms here before going to Canada.the rcmp do not like yanks with guns up dere eh?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts