Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to prepping and am a single dad of four kids. We are super outdoorsy anyway, and I have about two months of food and supplies with bug out bags. I'm looking for a source for less expensive freeze dried food to gather more food supplies.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

It sounds like you are on the right track. We only have a few days of freeze dried food. Most of our preps are long term "real" food storage. But I will post a reply if I find anything interesting.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Another welcome from Minnesota. Might want to consider dehydrating your own foods. Kids find that fascinating and it is not too spendy after getting the dehydrator. Great inexpensive way to make kid snack food too.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Freeze dried fods are great and have their purpose, but you can build a larger store much more quickly storing "real" foods.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from Southern Minnesota. You have your hands full. What are their ages? Plan a garden for next year. Even container gardening will get you onions, squash, tomatoes, potatoes. Get the kids involved in that. Canning is a great way to save food. There is a lot of information here. And lots of great people.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Greetings from Germany.....

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the site, I am not much into freeze drying I use the dehydrator, vacuum seal dry goods and buy canned goods when on sale, and home can what I raise. I have no plans of bugging out unless where I live becomes unlivable. Best of luck, I am sure there are plenty of preppers around that can guide you in the right direction concerning freeze dried foods.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. I have some freeze dried food, as well as MRE's, canned goods, and food I dehydrated in my dehydrator. When I have bought freeze dried food pouches, it's when the site Camping Survival has a sale on them. It seems to come around every few months, but one just ended like a month or so ago. The stuff can be pretty pricey, but a sale is always great (usually it's around 20% off).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.