Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not storing water because I have a 400' deep well with a generator to run it when needed plus a large supply of gas. Have propane camp stove for cooking and Honda gas sipping generator to run pellet stove if heat is needed. Can't do cord wood anymore due to back problems. Have a cabinet in the basement with lots of long shelf life foods stocked in it. Just purchased a Mossberg 500 shotgun with two barrels, one smooth bore and one with rifling for a slug. Not sure this was the best gun to buy for survival. Live in a very wooded area and have seen deer and turkey in my back yard.
I am a 63 year old man with a 35 year old wife and a 2 year old son.
Any comments on the Mossberg 500 are welcome.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Not storing water because I have a 400' deep well with a generator to run it when needed plus a large supply of gas. Have propane camp stove for cooking and Honda gas sipping generator to run pellet stove if heat is needed. Can't do cord wood anymore due to back problems. Have a cabinet in the basement with lots of long shelf life foods stocked in it. Just purchased a Mossberg 500 shotgun with two barrels, one smooth bore and one with rifling for a slug. Not sure this was the best gun to buy for survival. Live in a very wooded area and have seen deer and turkey in my back yard.
I am a 63 year old man with a 35 year old wife and a 2 year old son.
Any comments on the Mossberg 500 are welcome.
the 500 will do fine, you should get a smooth bore 18-20 inch barrel for home defense.
also you should get an AR or AK to round it out for defense.
Tombstone Trading in Brookfield has both for a fair price, also ammo and mags.
sounds like you are living in my backyard, almost.

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
The Mossberg 500 is a very good shotgun. You did well.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome from Chicago

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.