Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I like it for my enemies. All I have to do is creep up while their sleeping, come up from underneath and shove my Kabar in the depression. Nice. They'll never get out of it before I kill them dead.

I've said before sleeping in a tent post shtf could get you killed in the aspect of how it closes you off to the surroundings and who might creep up on you and then your ability to react to them and defend yourself. This is only more so.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I have one of these. I put a bunch of clothing in it then wait in my spider hole for someone to come stab my undies with a Kbar, then I spring up and blast em' with my gat!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I like the idea of being up and away from say a possible flash flood, . . . but as pointed out earlier, . . . if you are the only one there, . . . your security is toast as soon as you set it up. The outline, silhouette, everything about it stands out, . . .

I still have my jungle hammock though, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have one of these. I put a bunch of clothing in it then wait in my spider hole for someone to come stab my undies with a Kbar, then I spring up and blast em' with my gat!
That might work if someone wasn't observing you from a far waiting for the opportunity. Taking you in the tent would simply be to save ammo and keep things quiet. If I for one second wasn't a 100% you weren't aware of me than I wouldn't risk it. If you were armed and I was fine with expending the ammo, I'd simply shoot you when you presented a good target and your party if the numbers and threat were reasonable to. After all, a few people standing out in the open in close proximity talking about something aren't much a challenge for a fair shooter with a high capacity, large caliber rifle. Just cleaning up afterwards is. This is all taking into account we were enemies of course or I was hungry enough and saw you all as lunch. :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Pretty neat!! Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I can see the pros and cons. If they'd actually make it in a camo pattern it would help. Good for keeping you out of reach of 4 legged predators, your a sitting duck for the 2 legged variety though. Gonna need to post a watch. It would work well in a warm rainy climate, not so well in the cold. How would you heat it?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The space tent could be very effective if you put it 30 feet in the air and camouflaged it to blend into the trees.
People rarely look up and larger animals almost never do. If found you are a sitting duck. I would rather tie myself to a tree to get some much needed sleep than set up a big tent.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just cut the "meat against the grain" and its all good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.