Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been looking for a rocket stove, and have been toying with the idea of buying rocket stove bricks to have enough on hand to make a makeshift cooking stove should the SHTF.

I’ve also been looking at stoves like this one, but they’re pretty expensive. Well, I found this guy online, and was going through his area, so I arranged to stop by his forge. He doesn’t ship the bigger stoves. Wound up snagging the stove shown in this video for $85. I don’t think that’s a bad price at all.. can’t wait to try it out. It was surprisingly light and easy to handle/move.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,077 Posts
I might request a bit more stability from the base, given the height, but it looks like an efficient stove.
For the price, it's a good buy!

·
Super Moderator
3,719 Posts
I agree Kauboy. The first thought I had was that looks like it could tip over so easily. If it does, it should be an easy fix and much easier than building from scratch

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Mount a picatinny rail on the bottom and attach two bipods. They would fold up for storage.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha, well apparently the manufacturer of these stoves is lurking here. :).

he referenced the feedback about the possible unsteadiness.

y’all are famous… he he

·
Super Moderator
3,719 Posts
It is nice that we as a group are appreciated. I am glad that he stopped by for a visit.

It did take a bit to push it over in his video. I wasn't thinking about it being used on a concrete floor. My nephew said that maybe a couple of his rebar tent stakes would useful when using it on uneven ground.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Got to be honest...
I love new stuff. I especially love new stuff to make fires with.

With that said, my choice for a product to cook with is a Fiebox stove.
It's much more packable if I have to pack and go and is just a better choice for an on the run quick stove.

Reactions: Auntie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! Yeah I've been creepin around the forum a bit. I'm surprised that someone was able to post the video of my response before I was able to myself. Again thx for the feedback. And if you guys have any questions about the stoves or metalworking in general I'm more than happy to answer them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got to be honest...
I love new stuff. I especially love new stuff to make fires with.

With that said, my choice for a product to cook with is a Fiebox stove.
It's much more packable if I have to pack and go and is just a better choice for an on the run quick stove.

on the go? Packable? Ya, I have some super light titanium rocket pocket stoves I use that are the size of a large cup.. they sit in my GHB. This is an emergency cooking stove for a BOL or my home if the SHTF.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts