Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

New Purchase

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  The Tourist 
#1 ·
So, after giving my wife my .22 snub for a smaller farm carry than her .38, I finally got around to looking for a replacement.
Criteria - either .22 S, L, LR, or .22 magnum. This is a BAD time to be looking to buy a gun in small town America.
The hardware store ( my usual gun shop) could not even find a Charter Arms to order for me.
On a chance, I wandered in to the other gun store, and saw a Ruger LCP2 Light Rack .22 LR.
I’m familiar with the platform, having one in .380.
Price was $299, which in normal times would be too much, but I paid the price and took her home.
It’s a sweet little pistol, I test fired several different brands, had no problem with any of them.
So, now when I’m outside the house for any reason, the little Ruger is in my jeans back pocket.
I highly recommend this piece for anyone looking for a small .22 handgun.

#3 ·
I did carry a .22LR pistol for a bit, and then a .25 ACP, I believe. But after I saw that beautiful little SIG Sauer P238 (black frame and a silver satin slide) nothing else was going to dissuade me. As I remember, I got some strange groups; up close they we all in the center, but step back a few paces and even a tighter grip failed to produce a tight grouping.

It's not really a problem, considering. In the long run I do not want or need to shoot beer cans. My little SIG gets me out of the mall and into safety, fired round or not.

Pick up a SIG P238 sometime. At first it seems too big to be a "pocket automatic." However, within a week you'll be amazed at how the structure of that little revolver fits your hand and every pocket you own!

#7 ·
I have three Heritage Mfg's, all three wear the WMR cylinders, as do my Single Sixes.
I really like my Ruger MkIII, but the six inch barrel makes it strictly a belt gun.
I just wanted something that could slip into my back pocket when going out to collect eggs from our hens, for one example. Or going out to the mailbox on the road. Or, heck, going out to the truck to get something.

I once had a Walther P22, but found it to be wildly inaccurate and undependable.

Reactions: ActionJackson
#11 ·
@2Sharp2, I have the same basic Smith revolver except that I went for the .38 SPL for my needs. Several years ago I worked for a man and his company that needed to take bundles of cash to their bank most mornings. Kind of an odd get-to-know each other.

My boss called me into his office and asked me if I owned pistols that could be concealed. Now, I had a license and numerous police friends, but if you are carrying the wrong items in Wisconsin with older licenses you could get arrested in about ten minutes. I made sure I had all of the paperwork I could find and kept it with updated licenses and fees constantly.

Over time I would just fill out the paperwork from our Department of Justice (in fact, I had to do so recently) and carry things as they were needed. Not too many suburbia, so I usually carry only what is needed. Oh, and being 70 now I go to the gym more than the gun range...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.