Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new prepper from a long line of worriers. Hopefully this new fascination transforms me from worrier to warrior. I've never been camping but I want to start soon. I'm a serial plant killer, but I want a fruit and vegetable garden maybe even a few citrus trees (oranges, lemons or limes with ever is the most useful). After the recent snow and ice storm in Dallas I decided to finally research survival methods. I'm really interested in living 'next to the grid'. Not totally off the grid. I think a solar generator or solar powered home would be ideal and I love watching tv so... yeah :/

I'm currently on the hunt for the perfect solar/crank flashlight am/fm/weather radio with distress signal (cell phone charger won't be necessary, since I hear it fries the phones sometimes and it would probably only be good for the data and texting feature during a major crisis).

All suggestions are welcomed. Welcomes welcomed too.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
welcome preppy prepper.... cool name

your little radio question... that's one complex piece of equipment, simplify it, I have a crank radio, that allows for battery, and has some lights to, from a camping store, I'm sure someone here will know a good disposal/camping place near by that will help you :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Just make sure you use both hands when charging. One bulging bicep is s dead giveaway...
speaking from experience are we (couldn't resist)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hello and Welcome!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor across the lake! Great to have you here with us and great to know I potentially have some comrades in arms close by. Hope to see you around and see you often here!

·
Administrator
15,411 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from Southern Minnesota. I've got a solar/crank powered radio and lots of crank flashlights and one crank lantern. Don't go with cheap flashlights. I talked our department head into getting crank lights (I'm in x-ray, - No windows.) She went with the cheapest and they broke second time used. The handles just fell off.

Glas you found us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THANKS EVERYONE!! I feel so loved.
I've been researching this particular flashlight radio in particular because it has a distress signal and it's solar, incase I'm unable to crank it for any unexpected reason. Solar/Crank 5-LED Flashlight with Emergency Lamp :: LED Flashlights :: Radio & Flash Light & Cell phone Charger :: Emergency Supplies :: eSafety Supplies, Inc.

Has anyone used these solar light bulbs? Nokero Shavano Solar Light Bulb, Real Advice on Nokero Crestone Solar Light Bulb at 123Mountain.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts