Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Colorado and looking to start prepping. Its just me and my husband. We don't have a lot of money but we are looking for ways to prep on a budget. If any one has any suggestions or ideas we would love to hear them. Keep up the good fight!

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Welcome from the grate state of ILL annoyed, Illinois really sucks while the politicians grate on your wallet.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Welcome Prep101, and like I try to tell all the new people on this forum, You have already made a huge step, deciding to be more prepared. I would suggest some heavy reading, and by all means, ask a lot of questions, and offer your opinion and knowledge..
Oh, and by the way, Im just south of Colorado, in Farmungton, and cant wait to take my fiance to Trimble Hot Springs in Durango...

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Administrator
15,411 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from Southern Minnesota. I would suggest going to the library and ask for books on sustainable living. That will get you a lot of information, and you can look the books over before deciding which to buy. 1/2 Price Books is a great place that is very economical. Also used books from

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. It's just my husband and I, prepping on a budget, also. One thing I do for regular supplies is take $5 a week of my grocery money while shopping at the store to buy things with. Whether its a case or two of water bottles, a few canned goods, or first aid or toiletries. It's not much, but it does add up. And every now and again I'll have saved up for a bigger purchase, but that helps with food/water a fair amount. We might be on a tight budget (saving money for a down payment on a house next year), but we can spare $5 a week.

And researching, reading, and asking questions is free! :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome from NW Florida. As AvengersAssembled said, it's best to set aside a certain portion a week (Such as $5-$15) and save that up and start building. Another place to check is Thrift shops, that is where i started my BOB. Though you won't always find what you need or get the best quality, it is a cheap start to get you something to work with.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Welcome from Washington. The State. Not that F'ed up place we all hate. Work on little bits at a time. And anything you make at home instead of buying at the store is a great place to start.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Hey and welcome from Virginia

Go Colorado, throw Morse and Giron out of office!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts