Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Mitch and I'm new to prepping. At the moment I don't have very much equipment, and I don't know if I will be able to soon. But I see a lot of knowledge on this site, and knowledge is key in survival. Just a little about me:
I am almost an Eagle Scout
I am pretty skilled with a compound bow. I am not a hunter though.
I'm good with building and fixing things
I will help you if you need help (don't know if this is good or bad at times)
And I'm resourceful.

I hope to be on this site a lot more, and I hope that I might be able to help you guys at some point.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas, glad to have you here with us. Sounds like you will fit right in here with our little community. Hope to see you around and see you often!

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Your Boy Scout training will hold you in good stead for many years to come.
Let us know when you make Eagle!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome Mitch. Making Eagle is a great accomplishment, and as Rice Paddy Daddy said, will serve you well for years to come. Keep at it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Welcome from Ky. The scouts have been camping and hiking for 100 years, I am sure they have a lot of knowledge gained in that time.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from South Central Minnestoa. You started to prep early with your scout training. Good luck with your Eagle badge. Glad to see you here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all. My scoutmaster (who is a Iraq vet) really pushes us with map reading and orienteering, planing and preparing our own foods by butchering chickens and cooking over the fire and with dutch ovens, takes us paint balling and once to a shooting range. I do agree that it help you with living out doors and other survival techniques. Another great thing is that when all hell breaks loose, I can laugh at the people who made fun of me for being in scouts when they are all unprepared.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Thank you all. My scoutmaster (who is a Iraq vet) really pushes us with map reading and orienteering, planing and preparing our own foods by butchering chickens and cooking over the fire and with dutch ovens, takes us paint balling and once to a shooting range. I do agree that it help you with living out doors and other survival techniques. Another great thing is that when all hell breaks loose, I can laugh at the people who made fun of me for being in scouts when they are all unprepared.
Save all of the merit badge books that your get for studying for your merit badges. Those things are invaluable! I wish I had been smart enough to keep mine.

Oh yeah, if you and your buddies decide to hide out and smoke cigarettes while on a camping trip, DO NOT throw the butts down an outhouse hole. - They start on fire. :oops: Just sayin'...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Save all of the merit badge books that your get for studying for your merit badges. Those things are invaluable! I wish I had been smart enough to keep mine.

Oh yeah, if you and your buddies decide to hide out and smoke cigarettes while on a camping trip, DO NOT throw the butts down an outhouse hole. - They start on fire. :oops: Just sayin'...
We don't get the books, the troops gets and keeps them. I could see some people in my troop doing that...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome from AZ. Seems quite a few of us were in Scouts at one time or another.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
We don't get the books, the troops gets and keeps them. I could see some people in my troop doing that...
We had to buy ours. I wish I still had them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just an update, I completed my eagle project in November, passed my board of review in December and Ill be receiving my badge next month. Future plans are now to join the Air National Guard in the years to come to give me some weapon and survival training and a decent job.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Congratulations!

My Eagle board of review was the scariest thing I had experienced up to that point in my life. This is a big deal. Enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts