Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I live on a dead end street. With4 other houses. I got a new neighbor next door today. Young guy and vCard women. Saw them give a funny face when they saw I had security cameras set up....I got to get a feel for them,trust,etc....any steps you would take if you got a new neighbor?

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
I once came back from hunting and totally forgot I had on some paint and walked into the grocery store and got many weird looks.
Around here in the late fall that is quite a normal sight.
So are pickup trucks parked outside the convienence store with a deer rifle on the front seat.
Gosh, I love Southern small town America.

Reactions: sparkyprep

·
Super Moderator
9,216 Posts
Be nice, take a cake or something like that over. Introduce yourself and get to know the people. Who knows, he could be a valuable ally or cannon fodder. You have to get to know the people first. Hell, he could even be of like mind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Be nice, take a cake or something like that over. Introduce yourself and get to know the people. Who knows, he could be a valuable ally or cannon fodder. You have to get to know the people first. Hell, he could even be of like mind.
Bring them lots of cakes to fatten them up for a potential food source.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Go over and say hi. Can't hurt.

2 years ago, I got a couple new neighbors. We're on friendly term, but he saw me trying out my sand/gravel filter. He came over, and saw my water totes. Said he seen me building the barrel shelves and was wondering what they were for.

I just told him to hold barrels. He pressed further. So I said water barrels. Water barrels for what? To water my garden with.

Then he said "in Mexico, they use gravel pit like things, 3' by 10' about, full of gravel, and run water through it. It comes out clean water."

So he could be a friend or a foe. My neighbor, I did some investigating on. Turns out he's a former gangbanger known for arson. If he don't like you, he'll burn your sh!t down. So I take his friendship with a grain of salt. He's been living there for 2+ years now. Works everyday, for the same company, but I think he just switched for more pay. He could be VERY useful in SHTF. Good as security or just help. He also raises chickens :) so I have fruit, he has meat or eggs.

So just go say hi. If nothing else, you may gain an ally :) or you'll learn who he is and assess if he is a threat or not.

Better start off with
"My name is mikey and I'm required by law to_____________"

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Go over and introduce yourself and welcome them to the neighborhood. The funny face they made could be because they are wondering if there might be a problem in the area with home break ins. If they ask you can simply say that there was a really great deal and with the growing problem with home break ins nationwide it might be handy to have in the future. At any rate, welcome them to the neighborhood just to be polite. You never know, they might be the best neighbors you could possibly have or they could be the biggest douches. Either way, do your part and if they turn out bad it's on them. One way or another it's a good idea to find out how good or bad they are.
That is the way to do it.. totally agree

Reactions: MikeyPrepper

·
Registered
855 Posts
I once came back from hunting and totally forgot I had on some paint and walked into the grocery store and got many weird looks.
You should see the looks I get when I climb out of my hunting partner's truck with my handgun hanging on my belt. That N frame S&W with 8 3/8" barrel really draws some looks down at the local carpool parking spot. It's pretty entertaining, can't believe no one has called the police about the crazy white guy with the handgun yet, I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Goes to show the difference between southern small town America and New York.

-Infidel

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.