Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

New MRE

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  StratMaster 
#1 ·
Is coming out shortly. 3 lies in one package.....Looks like some decent changes. I never really had a big problem with MRE's as they "could be eaten" and some were decent, such as the vegetarian ones.

ARLINGTON, Va. -- The Army debuted new meals ready to eat including pizza that's coming down the pipeline soon and special compact, gourmet rations for close combat that will include mini quiches for the front line.

The new food items, which were displayed in the Pentagon courtyard late last week, are an effort to improve soldiers' nutrition while still offering troops an MRE they'd actually want to eat.

In this vein, the military is planning on testing an array of vacuum-sealed dried fruits and veggies such as the banana compressed to about a third of its size.
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/new-mre-headed-for-the-front-lines-includes-mini-spinach-quiches/

#6 ·
It is strange if you were to like all MRE's, but some were alright. One MRE that I used to like getting was the "Dehydrated Beef Patty" MRE. It usually came with wheat bread and cheese. Made a decent sandwich. It also was famous for having the "Track Pad" chocolate bar. Chick Ala King was some pretty nasty crap though.

#7 ·
Lived on them a few times . Longest was 3 months in one stretch. Like some more than others but it was not bad food. They did make the switch some time back to ethic meals . Kind of a Joke.

#9 · (Edited)
They dropped Tabasco some time back went with some cheap stuff, pissed a lot of people off.
Firsts version of the MRE only had Tabasco in some of them , When soldiers filled out their reviews of MRE's one thing was clear they wanted Tabasco in every one and it was for a long time.

#11 ·
I liked eating with the W. German troops when I was stationed in Germany. Block of cheese, couple bottles of beer, a huge chunk of salami and a loaf of bread. Sometimes some butter.

I proffered the canned rations over any MRE. The original was OK but some items they said you could just eat were not edible unless soaked in water and allowed to sit for for several minutes. That pork patty had to be soaked then boiled before eaten .

Reactions: patrioteer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.