Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks ~ we are in SW NM enjoying the peace while we can. With only 1Million in the State and half of those at Albuquerque, it's still pretty quiet and live/let live out here. We sell antibiotic, anti cancer, anti rad and pain control pharmacals as well as other natural health products. We are currently scoping out our next farm, itwas already getting a little crazy where we were. But with friends coming next year we want to be ready and ranched up. I used to practice medicine, just a farmer and org chemist now.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'd be interested in hearing about your homeopathic skills.
Around 20 years ago now the discrepancies in medicine here were getting pretty clear and stark for people who had been in before the insurance "flip around" and the adjustment shock from doing conscientious patient care to "running them like cattle" based on insurance demands was the most drastic for us. Today, they have no idea what personalized, patient guided, direct patient care was. Now, they are packages to be processed, insurance dictates to the people most qualified, the goal does not seem to be in their best interests and the industry has gotten so out of control it is hard for some people to get their head around it. Now, "Concierge Medicine" is a description of what used to be common patient care. You have to pay usually directly and extra for this top shelf wonderful care where the differences are 1) You and what you say actually matter 2) There is something we can do 3) No one hatefully writes "Belligerent" in your medical record because you said "Oh excuse me? I had asked for ice chips instead of cubes?"
US Medicine has a giant tear in the middle that most people don't know about and the people walking away keep growing everyday. It was bad enough before oscamma care and now it's getting critical. There are several major issues like vaccine mania and ridiculously blatantly addictive or bad drugs but Ha! I gotta stop somewhere ~ Since "Concierge" medicine was what I came up in and practiced, that is all I would. When everybody uphill started going pell mell for madness and money, it seemed to me that those of us who had been previously limited in our practice and repertoire could just go "pell mell" all out too and not go along with more evil than you know. I just really incorporated the whole pharmacopeia, not only the readily available "commercials" of the day, most of which were dubious and unproven by old timer's standards anyway. That's the simple of it. I was in 20 more years doing what was best for the person on my best judgement call, which is what one would think I was supposed to do. I don't like the term "integrative medicine", because I see it as misleading when what it really is boils down to "all incorporating" approaches. Doing what we did before some of the things that did not turn out so hot were around, but bolstered by the huge surge in contemporary advancements on traditional medicine. Meaning, all we had learned since then added to what we already knew, which has been considerable over the last three decades. I originally learned "nerve tissue does not recover" and now I teach "You might be surprised at how well they do if better cared for".
I have been the senior health officer for the +Sons of Mercy since 1998 and we have a "seed to bedside" teaching approach. Not just to pick up another type of PDR and start dosing by the literature from commercial, standardized pharmacals, but to know and have the direct ability to produce a finished highly effective medicine from primary materials, even if one had to grow them first. Pharmacists were a later and very handy invention, certainly superior chemists, but physicians from the first days have been primarily responsible for their drugs and therapies. Lukas HaRapha "Luke the Healer" and "Luke the beloved physician" did not pop into Walgreens to have a Rx stirred up. It seems likely that contemporary physicians should retain and enhance that area of skills, as the chances seem to have risen where they may find their selves unable to access or rely on anything but their selves. (nicest way I could come up with to say that) So I am semi-retired from direct patient care atm, but still teaching, producing most of our own drugs and trying to iron out my own "Drugs in War" cookbook as it were while purveying the same primary materials we use ourselves to what used to be practitioners, but now seems a little bit of everybody.
Even if what lies before us involves bullets and boots, it is going to involve pathogens and poisons first and in some places it seems almost like that has already started. The M*A*S*H units of tomorrow will have Emerging Infectious Diseases CO's as opposed to the traditional surgeon of the past because from the beginning through, those activities will actually take up more staff, materials and time than surgery if things continue as they are.
Living in the woods for the last 13 years (been back in town'ish a year now) made me really strong in "The Happier, Much Better" Austere medicine and multiple species, but it was just the complete destruction of my tolerance for so much of the "pipelined" madness and ugliness we have going on in our Country these days. I stay current and active, so I can give my big "snobby" (? wtf?) opinions about the science and practice of medicine, but beyond that I do my best to keep mine as far away from it as possible.
With things not getting easier and the industry fully politicized and aggressive now, I have focused a lot on helping these private care environments return and teaching "Full Metal Medicine" (Ahahaha!) to what used to be post-grads, but now seems to be a little of everybody.
Most of what I am producing is antibiotic replacements, pain management and detox components for toxins and radiation. We now run everything we bring in from anywhere past the Geiger counter and have been for awhile.
I am looking forward to getting more perma settled in a bigger house and working out the logistics of my next teaching practice of "concierge" (ie "normal" "ethical" "humane") care. I would really rather rent jet ski's or have a paintball park, but the way things are looking, those will have to be side projects for awhile ahahahaha!
(Sorry for such a long post)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts