Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to join a group of like minded individuals that share my interest in prepping and generally staying AWAKE and AWARE. I am drawn to the DIY attitude shown by most preppers and personally cant stop building or inventing new prepper gear. My favorites are stoves, and i own dozens! Every make and model using every form of fuel. Went 11 days during an ice storm with no electric in '09 and it changed my life. Not that i wasnt preppered for it, but it illustrated how real the possibilty for mid-long term self sufficientcy might be necessary. A localized emergency left me on my own for near two weeks, imagine if it were a solar flair or earthquake? Months. Easy. Glad to be a member and thank you for the Welcome!

Crash the Cook Crash Cook Systems

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hello Crash, and welcome to the site. I had a eye opening experience similar to yours, after a storm, showed me how quickly things can go from "normal" to something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Moonshine!

And I have to wonder how could any of the people that experienced your storm or mine stay in the dark to preparing. Sheeple for sure.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
You are welcome, it's been my experience over my many years on this earth, that whatever the topic, there are people who live on one end of the spectrum to the other, and all parts in between. I guess we all have to choose where we want to be. I tried to prepare for harder times that may come in the future, but I'm sure no where near the time, money and effort that some put into it. Am I making a big mistake not investing more resources into preppering?......perhaps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps... I liike to think that my families happiness and my own come before prepping. So I dont strain budgets to buy things or sleep less to manage my time. I preffer to think I prep so I dont have to worry. To many people seem to prep therefore they worry. Does that make sense? Might not have gotten that out plainly enough.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

Reactions: Crash

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
Living all my life in hurricane central has shown me how totally useless an electric stove is during an emergency.
Our main stove/oven is propane, and we have other options as well.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Welcome Crash, I am an Arkansas Delta Riverboy, headed to Arkansas in 8 days...
And I like your philsophy on prepping. I also feel that just being awake and alert, and having some "help yourself" mindset is a huge step.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts