Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Bug-out Retreat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Joshua. I'm 27 years old and have lived in metro Maryland (south of Baltimore) my entire life. As things get worse and I have more and more things to worry about and protect, getting the hell away from the cities sounds better and better.

I'm going to begin my dream of buying land and beginning a homestead in West Virginia in the immediate to moderate future and in the meantime am saving fiat, and building a stock of supplies that will help me protect myself and my family if SHTF.

More than likely I'll be living in the eastern panhandle of WV, or just west of Maryland, near Preston County. I work private security so I'll most likely commute up north into Pennsylvania where businesses need security, in order to acquire currency for things that I cannot provide/grow on my own, and also for government extortion fees (taxes).

I've been watching videos on prepping for years but just got serious about it in this year. Thank you all for doing what yo do and the information you share, it helps more than you know.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
We escaped over crowded South Florida 26 years ago and moved to rural North Florida and a small farm.
I will never live in a city, or even a town, ever again.
Cows make the best neighbors.

Do it!!! You will not regret it at all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Georgia is nice, but too purple right now. Northern Florida or Alabama is where I’d choose if I weren’t already settled in to the Peach State. Yes there are the gnats, mosquitoes and midges to deal with, but the growing seasons are nice and long. I usually start my seedlings off in February and begin acclimating outside in late March. Into the garden late March/early April. Many garden produce is being harvested now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts