Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota.

Please pass along some info on your knife making. That is the skill I working on this summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello from Minnesota.

Please pass along some info on your knife making. That is the skill I working on this summer.
I would be happy to. Knife making is a great skill to have. I am a believer that a prepper should start in the most basic way. A piece of steel, good file and go to work. Then work your way up to the forge. This will serve you well. But of coarse there are much easier ways to work. So just ask any questions you may have and I will answer the best I can.

I also flint nap and recommend the skill highly. I have taken many deer with a handmade bow and stone arrowhead.

Daryl::saber::

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
I too have been interested in knife making, but have to keep things simple. Maybe a forge later on. I have some worn out 10" circular saw blades and a Dremel to cut with. I was also wondering about using old lawn mower blades.
We have a section here for knives, I look forward to learning from you.
I was in your area once, for 6 weeks back in the 90's. At the time I worked for Georgia-Pacific and helped close down the distribution center in Birmingham and move the operation to a new warehouse in Midfield. Beautiful state.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow.. You'll have a great bartering skill in the post apocalyptic America. Good to know you friend.

·
Super Moderator
9,218 Posts
I'll second the thoughts of everyone above. Greetings and welcome to the forum from the great state of confusion, ILLannoyed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.