Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really prepping since my townhouse doesn't provide the room or a location with the ideal year round temperature to store the long term survival food you see advertised (freeze dried lasts for 25 years if stored properly).

I have been building up my food supply slowly and have apx 1 month worth of food stored.

My main plan is to bug out and live off the land. My 1 month worth of food is mostly canned, a bit bulky and heavy to bug out with.

I have a bug out location planned but beyond that not much. The location is 1 day's walk in ideal circumstances, plenty of water, small game and occasional deer. I can not prep on this land because I do not own it but I do have access to it. I have firearms with plenty of ammo and a BOB started with the idea of roughing it on the land. In fact lugging all that ammo around will be harder then carrying the measly 1 month worth of canned food

I have been to the USAF Survival School and their Advanced Survival School so I do have some knowledge and experience foraging.

I know this situation is not ideal. I'd love to have some land in the woods, small cabin with a bunker (wouldn't we all) but with limited income, what more can I do?

Regardless the cause, I'm prepping for wide spread looting and disruption to our food supply/delivery.

Kind of a long introduction so I guess in short, Hello.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Administrator
14,873 Posts
Welcome from Florida